Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2018

Default Employer committed perjury at employment tribunal

The tribunal was a few years ago and i didnt have the evidence then but i have it now.

The employer lied to the court about details which the tribunal took as true and used them to find my dismissal fair.
    Without these false details the court would almost certainly have found in my favour.

It wasnt a case of they made a mistake with the details, the evidence i have shows they knew the correct details and told the court something else.

I didnt appeal because i didnt have the evidence then and you only get 42 days to file an appeal. Ive heard of perjury cases being brought up to 14 years after someone has lied in court ie jeffrey archer.

If a lie affects the outcome of a hearing then it shouldnt matter if its a criminal court or an employment court.

How do i go about getting my employer taken to court for committing perjury? Who do i report him to?

Follows
    Following

Default Re: Employer committed perjury at employment tribunal

Perjury is a criminal offence, so the police, who will decide if there is sufficient evidence to press charges.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Mar 2011

The police would need to decide whether to pass it to the Crown Prosecution Service and the CPS would then decide whether to prosecute. There's guidance on the offence on the CPS website

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidanc...rging-standard

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Nov 2016

Bear in mind - it almost never happens. So don't hold your breath.

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Mar 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Mez_Nez View Post
    The tribunal was a few years ago and i didnt have the evidence then but i have it now.

The employer lied to the court about details which the tribunal took as true and used them to find my dismissal fair.
    Without these false details the court would almost certainly have found in my favour.

It wasnt a case of they made a mistake with the details, the evidence i have shows they knew the correct details and told the court something else.

I didnt appeal because i didnt have the evidence then and you only get 42 days to file an appeal. Ive heard of perjury cases being brought up to 14 years after someone has lied in court ie jeffrey archer.

If a lie affects the outcome of a hearing then it shouldnt matter if its a criminal court or an employment court.

How do i go about getting my employer taken to court for committing perjury? Who do i report him to?

Yes you have 42 days to make an appeal, however, if there was fraud or concealment, then the time limit could be extended

See section 32 of the limitation acticon 1980

You have to first write to the Tribunal who made the decision for a Reconsideration

You have to have real evidence, not just assertions

When it has been found by the Tribunal that someone lied then you can make an application to bring a contempt of court proceeding

Strangely, judges rarely grant such applications

Finally, I don't think you would go far with a perjury case (it has too many hurdles)

I would advise you concentrate on winning your case based on the new evidence

In Ladd v Marshall 1954 the principles for bringing in an out of time appeal were set

Take a few moments to read it.

Good luck

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Mar 2017

Remember how Andy Coulson was cleared of perjury even though he was found to have lied

Perjury cases have a lot of hurdles

Try and go for the contempt of court proceedings as it is easier

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details