PRAGroup MBNA debt - Dirty Tactics?

Synergise
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there!

Hope you can help/advise on what I should do!

I have been working abroad for last 6 years, and have recently returned, in Feb 2018.

I have since received a few texts from PRA Group, to contact them – of which I have not made any contact.

I can only think this is related to a defaulted payment on my MBNA credit card, which had, as far as I remember, a couple hundred quid outstanding (yeah, completely forgot about that!)

I have, on my return, moved to a different part of the country, and have registered on local electoral roll, updated address on HMRC, Council Tax, Car insurance, tenancy etc…

Strange thing

- 4 days ago, I received a text from Royal Mail stating a signed for delivery of an item would be made to my address, on that day.

A few hours later, I received a text to the effect of ‘Item Delivery has been made – to you or your neighbour’ – I have not received anything, no calling card , ie, RM Parcel Left with…’ Neighbours haven’t received anything.

Now, I am thinking that perhaps, this is a ‘Before Claim/Claim form’ that might have been sent by PRA Group to my old address. (just did a Trustonline search at old address, no CCJ’s there) Perhaps sent on purpose to get backdoor ccj?

Do I:

· Contact PRA group via email– Requesting information regarding their sent texts, and to send the correspondence to my updated current address.

Worded in a manner without resetting the SB clock – as I realise its nearing its 6th Birthday! – If so, what should I send, ie, form/template?:???:

Not sure how to proceed – would welcome any thoughts!

Thank you all!

Edited by dx100uk
Format

Hi and Welcome to CAG

Well a LBA wouldn't come by signed for delivery...the text may not be connected or error.I would certainly update your address with PRA..after asking them what their texts are in connection to.

It could be a phishing exercise to see if your their correct target...

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you Andyorch!

I shall send them an email now, and will report back here on any response

. As there could be others in my predicament.

Thanks again Andyorch - truly appreciated

Dont use email

If you've not paid in 6yrs i suggest you send our sb letter

Kills 2 birds with one stone!!

If its not sb then imho send them a cca request

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If the debt is statute barred – read up on CONC – then when you have found out what it is about, give them notice that it is statute barred. They are then prevented from taking any further action

I would find out what PRA want first...may not be your MBNA debt.

You cant tell them its a statute barred when you dont even know what its in connection with.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I would find out what PRA want first...may not be your MBNA debt.

You cant tell them its a statute barred when you don't even know what it's in connection with.

Ok - Thank you Andyorch, BankFodder, dx100uk!!

I shall email them requesting what the texts relate to. Obviously without admitting anything - and take it from there - on heresmile.gif

Quick question - if I had informed them that the debt was indeed 'Statute Barred' - when it was not technically so - would that not 'reset the clock?' as I am admitting the debt and its accompanying timeframes?

Doesn't reset anything as you didn't sign it

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...