• Tweets

• What you have uploaded is a letter with daft empty threats from third-party paper tigers.  Just ignore it. What we need to see is the original invoice you received last October or November.
    • Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
    • This is simply a scam site.  It's been shown to be a scam in the national press and on national TV. Please fill in the the forum sticky and upload the invoice you've received. In fact what you have is an invoice, not a fine, a private company doesn't have the power to issue fines.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Caggers

Any help surrounding a SAR with Lloyds and HSBC.

I've been going backwards and forwards with Lloyds for nearly 4 months," no record of my account in their system,please supply full account no." Raised a SAR and finally they find me in their system but are requesting certified only documentation as proof of name and address. I must add I live overseas so any correspondence is a really drawn out process, it appears to take 5 weeks for a letter to get to Australia from Lloyds. Do the banks normally stipulate certified paperwork only? It feels like the bank are putting up as many barriers as possible. Having the same problem with HSBC who haven't even acknowledged my SAR.

So far as HSBC goes, how they cached your cheque?

It's not at all unreasonable for the banks to want to be satisfied as to your identity. However, you can be sure that the banks realise that when they receive an SAR, they realise it means trouble. Don't expect them to be helpful. Lloyds are serial breaches of data protection rules.

Did they already have your Australian address on file? Have they previously sent you correspondence to that address?

Please could you post up the letter from Lloyds – redacted – saying that there is no record of the account. Put it up in PDF format

Hi BankFodder no I don't think HSBC have cashed the cheque, Lloyds and HSBC only had my new address when I contacted them earlier in the year regarding PPI, Lloyds have corresponded 4 times to this address since then and HSBC once.

In respect of HSBC, if I were you I would start again. This means make an application under the new GDPR regime. It is free and the deadline is 30 days. If I were you I would pre-empt their request for your ID by sending them ID which they can't dispute and which includes an address. – Maybe copies of two pieces of evidence. I suppose there is probably an HSBC in Australia so you could even arrange for the data to be collected at that branch if it is not too far away from you. Of course one of the problems is that the request you have sent to HSBC presumably has not been sent by any kind of tracked delivery so you have no evidence that your request was received by them.

I think you had better start realising the character of the people you are dealing with and start being more cautious about this kind of thing. If you had sent a request by some kind of tracked delivery then you could already be starting a complaint about their non-compliance.

In terms of Lloyds, I suppose you may as well supply them with the ID that they are asking for but I have to say that if they have already been corresponding with you concerning PPI and yet they choose this opportunity to raise obstacles as to who you are, then it is clearly a pretext, in my view.

On the other hand, as you have applied under the old regime they have a 40 day deadline. I think even with the Lloyds request you may as well start again and make the request under GDPR. I would suggest that you call them. In principle we are obliged to accept requests for data over the phone and/or by email. Discuss your data request with them. Find out what they need. Get an email address for the request so that you can send it off and know that it has been received. If you can make the request over the phone then get a reference number.

Most importantly, before you start using the phone read our customer services guide and implement the advice there. Get everything recorded. Pay special attention to what our customer services guide says about controlling the conversation and making sure that they recorder screen note that accurately reflects what you have discussed.

Phone Lloyds on the following number 0345 0707124 - this should be the number of the SAR department.

Finally, don't forget that apart from being dishonest and reluctant, you are also dealing with the new SAR regime and I have found that by and large the staff are poorly trained and try to fob the customers off with pat answers when they don't really understand what the correct reply should be.

By the way, for the second time, please will you post up the letter from Lloyds in PDF format which says that there is no evidence of your account.

Thanks BankFodder

I asked a relative to hand deliver the SAR in branch and obtain a receipt so should be able to support my claim. Will upload the letter once I'm in front of a scanner, I stand to be corrected the letter stated " we haven't been able to find any information in your name with details given, please provide a full account number as we cannot locate from four digits provided"

OK - in that case don't bother to post it

I made a SAR request and had to include t following

Financial statement from my last UK address

Financial statement from current address

Uk Utility/Council tax bill

Data page from passport

ID/government document from current residence

Took 14 days to arrive e from date of posting

HTH

The ICO.

At the same time I would begin a complaint to the FOS about their failure to comply with their statutory obligations. Get both complaints running simultaneously. In fact if you want to move then, call them now and begin your formal complaint on the telephone. Do this in addition to the SAR request.

What of course will be funny, will be that they will have no difficulty in sending you the final response – which of course is an example of personal data – without any of the so-called verification checks. Furthermore, the FOS will have no difficulty corresponding with you. It's simply when the banks think that there is trouble brewing for them that they make it tough.

I've been speaking with Npower recently. They are exactly the same.

Well I think the idea is to start causing trouble. Take control and make complaints in every way possible. Every time they write to you, take the opportunity to point out that they are writing to you including personal data but without all the nonsense. Having their cake and eat it