Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    Sangie595 Highly informative Sangie595 Highly informative Sangie595 Highly informative Sangie595 Highly informative Sangie595 Highly informative Sangie595 Highly informative Sangie595 Highly informative

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Nov 2016

Default Re: Alleged gross misconduct

If you can get legal advice, the time to get it is when dismissed. If they've made an error that is the only point at which it is actionable - any advice before that is speculation. It is also the only time at which a no win no fee lawyer is going to assess it. They have a useful function, if for no other reason than if they won't touch it you probably don't have much of a case to argue. If there's money to be made, they'll take it! Just be careful what you sign up to if you go down that route. The devil is in the small print.

Basic Account Holder
    00765 Novitiate

Cagger since : Dec 2006

I attended the investigatory meeting on 4 June, was told I would get the notes from that meeting within a week. I received the notes for my amendmenticon on 4 July, to be returned as agreed with or not by 11 July.

On 6 July I received another letter from my employer now saying that (because I stated in the investigatory meeting that I required access to the system I use at work to be able to refresh my memory and answer questions they were asking about alleged issues regarding my working dating as far back as October 2017) they would allow me 1 hr supervised access to the system on 12 July at 10am to be immediately followed by a further evidence meeting. My employer has had at least 6 wks to look at my emails and the system and they are offering me 1 hr. Given the issues with the system it will take at least 15 just to get me logged back into the system, plus I would need far more than 1 hr to review my workload that they are alleging I have been negligent with.

Should I be agreeing to accept what I consider to be a disingenuous offer, being used to set me up to fail?

Gold Account Holder Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative

Cagger since : Jun 2012

What are you looking for that isnít a few specific emails? Which would tak a few minutes to find.

A general trawling mission isnít in order here.

Basic Account Holder
    00765 Novitiate

It’s not just emails I carry 40 cases and my employer is saying that I have mismanaged those cases. They have looked at each case hence should I not have an opportunity to look at the cases.

I’m being accused of GROSS misconduct i.e. my employer should have their evidence and if it’s so gross, why are they allowing me anywhere near their offices. I do not work on Thursdays yet I'm being instructed to attend a meeting today a Thursday

Gold Account Holder Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative

They donít have to give you access to anything. They can read the good and the bad without you and draw conclusions. Suggested they are immora in their approach will also get you nowhere.

I would go, yes on a Thursday, they donít have to give you anything so it is at their convenience not yours. At the end of the hour you need to be very specific about how much extra time you need, to do exactly what. Vague requests will get you nowhere.

Basic Account Holder
    dondada Novitiate

Cagger since : Mar 2017

I would suggest that you write a letter stating that you consider one hour far too little
    State how many hours you consider to be enough
    Also, state that you need time before the further evidence meeting
    Don't allow yourself to be railroaded into your dismissal
    Make sure it is a recorded letter, or best an email

Basic Account Holder
    00765 Novitiate

So I sent an email to my employer yesterday stating that 1hr access is simply not reasonable to review alleged mismanagement of cases dating back to October 2017 but that I would attend the 1 hr meeting which they also instructed me to attend.

Although today(Thursday) is not one of my contracted working days , I went to the office where I was instructed to attend. The investigation officer accompanied me to a room containing a laptop. I inquired from the officer, if they had received my email yesterday in which I had identified my concerns about the 1 hr access. They replied yes. I reiterated that 1 hr access is unreasonable .

They said that it’s only three cases I need to look at. I responded that I am being accused of Gross Misconduct in relation to my entire caseload which amounts to some 40 cases dating back to October 2017, that an hr is even at a stretch, simply not sufficient to even have a cursory view of emails and the system . The officer now said so you are refusing to comply. I replied no I need more time than 1 hr. the officer then said well it’s pointless having the meeting that they would put my position in their notes and that I would hear from them in due course

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    dondada Novitiate

Cagger since : Mar 2017

Make sure you send an email today stating the events today

I see this as going far so you really need documents now

Get everything documented now

Basic Account Holder
    00765 Novitiate

Thanks dondads really helpful comments

So you made a vague request for an unspecified amount of time greater than an hour...

Iíll leave you and dondada to it....

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details