• Tweets

• Documents arrived today dated 27th March.  This is a cc taken out a long time ago (2008) and they don't seem to have been able to provide a copy of a CCA agreement, just reams of print outs of lines of texts from old bank statements, default notices etc.   
    • Documents finally arrived today from PRA group.  New day have sent me lots of paperwork, copies of default letters and statements, print out of what looks like a CCA that would have been completed on online, IP address as signature.  This debt is not too old, so possible this is the true copy of agreement ?  Not sure what my defence would be beyond irresponsible lending. 
    • pers i wouldn't.. all you need to know is in the posts of that thread....that being section 127(3) of the CCA refers. if under a CCA return, the 'creditor' claims its a recon, it must not contain any details like a sig, tickbox, or typed name (whether you signed physically or by online tickbox) 1. those are not necessary in a recon, so why inc them? (faked??) 2, it cant thus be a recon!!, it must be a copy of the 'original' from the original creditor, not from a debt buyers filing cabinet. they shouldn't not be 'mixing' some original docs from the OC with crap from their filing cabinet, claiming its ALL a recon! because some of it is faked. just remember there are far more docs like NOA and a DN that are as equally important to a court claim of 'this debt is enforceable'. never rely solely upon the dodgy agreement argument.
    • India has thousands of small gold refineries which are facing more competition from big players.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Bradford+Bingley RBS Lomard Tricity Loan PPI reclaim +20yrs old **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No dont use that use our spreadsheet

What the type of credit and with who?

Have you all the statements or the org agreement?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx100uk,

I looked at the spreadsheets but the output didn't look appropriate.

I have a SAR response for a 20 year old loan with PPI, the agreement form appears to be a blank copy or such a poor scan that it looks like it hasn't been filled in.

The loan was arranged/sold by a building society but was from Lombard, now part of RBS.

What I have is:

Amount of loan

Total interest

Total insurance

Total repayable amount

Term of loan

Monthly installment amount - fixed amount, same amount each month

Due date

And a payment history

I'm trying to work out the total amount I should be claiming from the building society in a direct PPI claim, ie not small claims (as yet)

Edited by ghettopimp

no that's perfect

follow this

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?318646-PPI-Single-Premium-Your-questions-answered(1-Viewing)-nbsp

then use statint spready

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?330996-Latest-Spreadsheets-PPI-Claims-and-Charges-Claims-Dec-2011

it does everything foryou

the only thing you need to workout is the PPI%

PPI/loan+PPI*100=PPI%

then anything you paid that % is for PPI

don't forget you must enter the monthly sum individually for each month you paid the PCM loan payment.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

copy of pm uploaded here:

Default Calculation verification

I don't want to add the numbers to the visible thread, hence PM - just a check of my working:

So if I have the following over a 48 month loan:

Total interest £2120.40

Total PPI insurance £1126.00

Loan £4700

Using PPI/loan + PPI*100 = %

I am assuming this is (PPI / (Loan+PPI)) * 100

=19.327%

then calculate 19.327% of total interest and divide by 48

=8.537 PPI interest PCM

Then add that to 1/48 total PPI

=31.996 monthly PPI + PPI interest PCM

Which for my loan gives a claim to date of £3741.09

Does this seem correct or have I messed up - not too sure about the PPI % order of operations.

With thanks,

and they

nope read my advise properly..

scan up your agreement to PDF ONLY

read upload

and they

From what I can find, s77 CCA doesn't apply for a copy of the agreement once the loan is paid off, and the agreement sent with the SAR response looks to be a blank copy - I imagine you won't want that.

Other than that what have I not read properly ?

Edited by ghettopimp
correction of CCA comment

Using PPI/loan + PPI*100 = %

I am assuming this is (PPI / (Loan+PPI)) * 100

=19.327% correct

then calculate 19.327% of total interest and divide by 48 nope

=8.537 PPI interest PCM nope

Then add that to 1/48 total PPI

=31.996 monthly PPI + PPI interest PCM nope

Which for my loan gives a claim to date of £3741.09 nope

Does this seem correct or have I messed up - not too sure about the PPI % order of operations.

With thanks,

Anything You paid 19% was toward ppi

So for each of your 48 monthly payments you enter what figure that 19% was for EACH date you paid it and enter it individually in the stat int sheet

The sheet does the rest

and they

Current agreement and policy added

So with monthly repayments of 165.55, entering £32 in the sheet for each month gives me £3,741

Just to recap, this was a loan of £4700, over 48 months with total PPI (not interest) of £1126 with a total repayable amount of £7946.40 over the full term

agreement_policy_1998.pdf

correct

and they

• 3 months later...

Finally had a response back from the building society which arranged the loan

- they state the provider, Lombard (RBS) confirmed to them have no data regarding the selling agent and will investigate no further until I can provide the building society with proof they were the selling agent of the Lombard loan.

I do have loan documents from Lombard on the back of a SAR but the agreement is a blank photocopy with a hand written month / year reference circa the time of the loan.

Any suggestions on what I can do to move this forward ?

Just to be clear, originally all I had was a confirmation from Lombard regarding the final payment being received, the only hard proof I have is the SAR documentation from Lombard which specifies the loan account, amounts, payments but no seller data.

At the moment I'm thinking of SARing the building society since all I've sent to them so far is a PPI claim

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

You dont need to pm everytime you post an update to your thread..

We get an email alert as you have to this new post

Yes [who are they?]

Why dont you go after lombards underwriters too?

and they

'They' are Bradford & Bingley Building Society

Going after Lombard / RBS - yes I was thinking that's my next step since I have clear proof they provided the loan and the insurance was under their name with the insurance provider, Pinnacle.

Is there any pitfall with this and should I be going after Pinnacle rather than Lombard / RBS ?

Id hit the underwriters

R

RBS BB etc would not have been regulated 20yrs ago

But the underwriters would have under GISC

and they

Did the General Insurance Standards Council codes apply in 1998 ? From what i can find it appears to be around 2001 though the Association of British Insurers code seems relevant and predated this at 1989.

I see the FOS has some useful guidance under financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi/rules-codes.html particularly the section at the bottom under the headings application and other litigation

Thanks for the guidance dx100uk

Edited by ghettopimp

Good work keep pushing

and they

yes ABI that was the other one

there have been many good wins with underwriters in the late 1990's using ABI.

see the FOS examples

and they

• 3 months later...

Update on success -

Sent SAR to the underwriters Pinnacle - their response must have been sent back the day they received it given the turnaround - the response was along the lines of 'we have no record of you'

I sent the claim to Lombard /RBS just as the FOS wrote to me suggesting as much as they had spoken with RBS who told FOS they would look at the claim if sent in by me.

Seven weeks later - RBS have settled with a letter beginning "Thank-you for accepting our offer via the Financial Ombudsman Service"

Nice, but I don't recall accepting - must have been FOS on my behalf.

The sum is as we calculated above, adjusted for the payment date, thanks dx100uk ! The only shock is the removal of £453 for income tax on the statutory interest with an explanation of HMRC ruling of Oct 2013.

Leeches.

£3,348 - not bad for a 20 year old loan with no paperwork save a 'thanks for your final payment' letter :-)

The only advice I can give to anyone else with little in the way of proof of the loan, is per the thread and advice on the PPI pages here,

SAR every organisation involved before claiming

- the seller,

the loan provider,

the PPI underwriters and

any other company you can if they have been sold on or taken over and

once you have usable documentation, claim against the company providing the documentation.

Good luck!

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

good on ya

nice xmas present too.

glad to help..

don't forget without CAG we'd never have helped

so think of a donation to keep us here

regards

dx

and they