can you ask for this under GDPR

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure where to post this so will try here.

I was expecting a time sensitive document to be sent to me by the 28th of this month and it still hasnt arrived. The company sending it claimed it was printed and posted 1st class on the 29th and therfore they had complied with the requirements to issue document.

Now, can I use the GDPR to ask for a copy of the metadata for this document to see if it was indeed sent out in time ( should show date doc created and then printed) as this solely relates to that document and can identify the document as being my data when it is processed so not anonymous or general.

If so how should the data be sent as the old DPA stated it should be legible and easily understood or notes of explanation included.

Your opinions please

I don't especially know the answer – but you can always try and see what happens. Most of these companies have got GDPR so much in their face the moment that I can imagine that many of them will simply be too worried about noncomplying and so they may well do more than they are obliged to

I don't know the answer either, so worth asking and seeing what happens. GDPR SAR is a right to see "personal information" about you and if the company is not feeling co-operative that would have an arguable case that the metadata isn't personal information under GDPR. What ICO would make of that line of argument I have no idea.

as said, I would argue that the metadata identifies THAT document thus identifies me. Same as car reg numbers are covered once you decide to process them a la parking co's but wouldnt be for just a random CCTV.

Suitable analogy?