Natwest and closed account

jb07
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I need to remortgage my house and don't have sufficient means. My son earns more than me and I tried with my sons help to remortgage only to be told my son has a bad credit score?

we did a credit check and we found out hed closed a Natwest account in 2005 to open a new Natwest current account and according to the credit check there was still £400 owing on the closed account, there was fraudulent activity on the account, he went through the NatWest fraud team and they cant do anything as the account is more than 9yrs old.

He complained and paid the amount owing june 2017 and Natwest said they would remove it from his file.

We did another credit check and they've only marked it as satisfied April 2018, we spoke to Natwest who had the account arrears as written off! on their system and he could not have a mortgage or account with Natwest, the account was paid in full and hes had a Natwest account for 7rs?? is there anything else we can do please.

Edited by BankFodder
Edit

I understand that you have sent them an SAR – or at least your son has. There is an important first step.

Please can you tell us what you know about this fraudulent activity. For instance, have the bank admitted that it was fraudulent and that your son was not involved?

Why did your son settle the outstanding amount? Did he consider that he was indicated in some way?

Is the £400 the entire amount involved in this fraudulent transaction?

I think it's complete nonsense that the banks say they can't do anything about it. I think that they are lazy and dishonest.

He settled the bill totalling £433.84 because he didn't want it affecting his credit rating even further plus the bank said they couldn't do anything as the account was older than 9yrs, he argued the fact that if the account was in arrears at the time, they wouldn't have let him close it anyway without paying the debt first?

The transactions were to companies he didn't recognise - Yazbill, Ffn.com.Adu, LTrendF GB, Adacet.net ?

The account must have been defaulted years ago and should not be showing now

Prove it under an sar

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So do we understand that it is your conclusion that it has been subject to fraudulent activity – and not the banks opinion?

Well send the SAR and we'll see what light if any that sheds on the mystery.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE -

phoned NatWest,

manager of the branch in next town was going to look into this,

she phoned next day and was going to phone my son.

Nothing heard,

chased her up,

the same woman I spoke to,

phoned my son and denied having any knowledge of the whole saga?.

I'm going to keep mithering till I get some answers?