style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Hoping for some advice. Sorry for the long winded explanation.

I have had some sofas delivered to me last week, 23rd May 2018 from Sofology.

Two days into having the sofas we noticed, 25th May, one of the recliners was wonky and has not been aligned correctly so I sent Sofology an email with photos asking them to correct this.

I received an email telling me I will be contacted within the next week for a service visit.

Three days in, 26th May, I now notice a gathering of material on where I sit and the back supporting cusions. I sent an email to Sofology explaining the problem and expressing my disappointment. I also told them I wanted to raise this as a complaint.

I got a call from Sofology 28th May wanting to book a technician to correct the alignment issue. I asked the lady on the phone if they will also be looking at the creasing. I was told they has a technician look at the photos of the creasing and they decided there was not anything wrong with the sofa.

I explained to her it wasn't fair they made this decision without informing me. She also advised to give it 6 weeks for the Sofas to settle. To keep whacking the sofa regularly.

This was done over the phone so I sent an email confirming our telephone conversation, I also attached a further crease which I noticed on the actual recliner.

I woke up this morning and the creases/sagging are growing further and the sofas already look 6 months old when they are not even one week old.

I have sent them another emailwith further pictures but I am scared they will keep fobbing me off.

What steps do I need to take to take this further?

image2.jpg

IMG_6307.JPG

image4.pdf.jpg

image1.jpg

image3.pdf.jpg

Under the Consumer Rights Act if a defect arises in the first 30 days then you are entitled to reject the goods and demand a refund. I notice that there is no trace that your rights are explained to you and in fact the Sofology rep urge you to wait for six weeks – taking you very nicely beyond your 30 day right to reject.

Write a letter immediately to Sofology and tell them that you are invoking your right to reject under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 because of the defect which you have already indicated to them. Tell them that you want them to collect the sofas and to refund you.

Even if you feel that they could be repaired et cetera, you should still send this letter because then you reserve your position. Frankly if I were you I would simply get rid of them.

Send the letter immediately by recorded delivery. Send an email saying the same thing.

If you do any more telephone in with them – or anyone else for that matter, make sure you record calls. Read our customer services guide and diplomat the advice there.

Once you have sent the letter and you know that Sofology received it then you should start calling them to find out when they're going to collect the sofas. Record the calls. Let us know what they say. Don't expect it to be easy.

By the way, I'm accepting from you that there is a defect. I don't know much about sofas and I don't know if what you are seeing in terms of the wrinkles is normal for this kind of sofa made out of this kind of material.

I'm not sure that you have given pictures of the poor alignment. That may be a more understandable defect.

Anyway, it will be for you to establish that there is a defect. I understand that these sofas were not bought online. You visited the shop

I have not attached pictures of the alignment as i was happy for them to repair this, which they offered to.

But the sagging and creases are more annoying. Also when i reported as a complaint she said to wait 6 weeks. They wouldn’t even send a technician out to look at it.

The sofas were ordered from the shop.

Well they obviously haven't made the arrangement to repair it now and so if I were you I would make it clear that it's no longer acceptable and you want your refund.

If you allow them to start conducting a repaired then you risk losing your rights. They may even try to leverage your original acceptance against you. It's a pity you don't come here first before you do these things

Well they obviously haven't made the arrangement to repair it now and so if I were you I would make it clear that it's no longer acceptable and you want your refund.

If you allow them to start conducting a repaired then you risk losing your rights. They may even try to leverage your original acceptance against you. It's a pity you don't come here first before you do these things

Ive not had any repairs done as of yet.

The alignment was one issue.

The creases were a separate issue which i only noticed after i had reported the alignment issue.