• Tweets

• I don't think I've ever seen someone appeal a mags court decision on fare evasion, JK, but as you say in this case TiredDodo has pleaded guilty. It is possible to challenge, as below. HB Appeal a magistrates’ court decision: Overview - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK How to challenge a decision by a magistrates' court. Including how to get a fine reviewed, if you did not know about your case, how to appeal to the...  
    • Update! I have now opened the mail from Barclaycard. I am assuming that their letters were prompted by my confirmation to them of my change of address, which I had advised them of twice. They are treating my change of address notification as a "General Data Protection Regulation Right of Access Request"  and state that I have made a "Right of Access Request. They are asking me to provide valid indentity documents! I have made no such request and am minded to ignore their request for extra information? I should add that their letters were sent to my correct current address!
    • Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
    • Yes, a few months ago. They wrote back saying there was no CCA and the debt was unenforcable. I then started gtting bombarded with threatening emails from their 'litigations team' which have been sent to spam. I've now recieved the letter before claim with the PAP form enclosed, but still no CCA or even a letter from them to say the debt is deemed enforcable. Thank you.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

QuickQuid response to irresponsible lending! Advice needed...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

back in 2014 I took a short term loan out with QuickQuid of £250 where I couldn't afford to pay back.

It fell into a repayment schedule in that year where I still wasn't able to repay the amount back which then fell into arrears £416.50.

Moving forward I received a letter from Redcastle around 2015 stating that they have taken on the debt of £416.50.

In response I contacted QuickQuid via email to resolve the outstanding amount in full IF they removed the two defaults placed by QQ and redcastle themselves, in which they refused to do.

Fast forward to now, I cannot see QQ on my Equifax credit report or redcastle, but a company called Arvato Financial Solutions with the same outstanding amount £416. The last updated status says its 'settled' in 2015 yet I haven't made any form of payments? It also mentions its a partial settlement?

I did also have a couple of wonga loans I defaulted on that were cleared and removed from my file due to the terrible assessment checks back in 2014 etc.

I'd like to get this QQ removed as its denting my chances of getting a mortgage massively, or any credit for that matter.

Is there anyway I can get this debt wrote off due to possibly irresponsible lending or anything?

I've attached the following credit file...

Thanks,

QQ.jpg

yes get an IRL complaint running on each

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?472423-CAG-PDL-Reclaim-Guide-Indepth-Step-By-Step(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Edited by fkofilee
Changed To IRL Guide - Was Lending Stream Clone Thread

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

thank you for the response, I'll link you into the guide you have attached.

Is this definitely the best route to take to resolve this?

Also what do you mean run on each?

Arvato Financial Solutions is currently the only one listed on my report...

Can anyone elaborate on why it says the account is settled or partial settled?

I've just logged into QQ where it says the account is £416.50 in arrears still.

Makes no sense to me

Thanks again!

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

ntI would worry about the credit file

ANY loans like that that you had that are either paid off or not

you can get £100's back if IRL claim is successful

esp if you had lots of loans and a crap credit file at the time of takeout.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Always the OC

And use letters and 1st class mail not email

Read the guide

and they

there are examples in the guide...……..

and they

• 1 month later...

I have been digging up emails and letters to fully understand the matter of the loan/loans I took out around this period.

I can confirm I was in arrears with Wonga shortly before and current whilst taking out this loan with QQ, however before this QQ loan I did take out one or two loans previously with them which I did pay on time (which would of been around the same time i took out the wonga loans too) This QQ loan I defaulted on was a 3 month payment plan loan.

I did contact them to tell them I was in financial difficulty when the account went into arrears, in which they emailed me a Financial Statement Request in which I can't find any emails I sent back to resolve or fill out their forms. They then 3 months later emailed me this...

"As we have advised you previously in the Notice of Default, you have failed to make payments required under your Loan Agreement with QuickQuid or to contact us to take corrective action.

Loan #: ******

Funding Date: *******

Loan Amount: ******

Due Date: *******

Finance Charges: ******

Late Fees: *****

Discounts & Credits: *****

Total Payments Received: £0.00

Amount Outstanding: *******

As a result, we have SOLD your debt to a third-party collection agency. This agency owns ALL legal rights to the amount owed. All inquiries regarding this debt should be directed to the agency listed below.

If you would like to make a payment, please contact the debt collection agency:

arvato Financial Solutions 0844 894 0634 @red-castle."

Do I still have a case for irresponsible lending before proceeding with sending my letter to QQ?

Yes

and they

• 10 months later...

Hi all, 

I have finally received a response from quickquid regarding this matter (see below). 

Now do I follow their request regarding bank statements, payslips and other information required to back up my claim?

I should be able to get a bank statement for the time I took out the loan and proof of other pay day loans I had at the time... 

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Untitled-112233.thumb.jpg.b54b0e57d80951e0c4150da2d8464b1a.jpg

none of their business!!

and they

just list your loans.

you are under no legal obligation to supply qq with any of the other demands/info.

as that is personal information covered by GDPR etc

tell them if necessary you will happily supply these to the fos should they request them.

you will be opening a complaint with the FOS regardless unless the situation is resolved to your satisfaction when 8 weeks have elapsed from your initial letter.

do NOT use email

and they

Ask yourself the question - Why did they loan to me in the 1st place and what info did they have? 

Would you loan money to someone with no info about them? No...

They had your CRA as part of the underwriting process. They had other information too - So nopeeeeeeeeeeeee ...They cant have this info,.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thank you for the replies. I really appreciate the help! I did a quick write up based on the advise made, and was going to send this (by letter)... 

"I am under no legal obligation to supply you with any of the following you have requested. However, QQ should already have this information providing you did the appropriate checks as part of the under writing process.

If necessary I can provide information to the FOS if they request these details. I will be opening a complaint with the FOS regardless unless the situation is resolved to my satisfaction when 8 weeks have elapsed from my initial letter."

Is this strong enough to send, anything that needs to be rectified or altered? 

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

UPDATE.... 

I have received a final letter from QQ regarding their decision.....

We would like to take this opportunity to respond to your complaint dated 02/06/2019. Please accept this as our Final Response Letter.
We are sorry to learn that you are dissatisfied with the lending decisions made and services provided by CashEuroNet UK LLC (CEU). CEU offers products under brand names QuickQuid (QQ), Pounds to Pocket (P2P) and OnStride (OS) and as such we will review your complaint as it relates to all our brands. We take all complaints very seriously and would like to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.
Your Complaint
We understand that you are dissatisfied about: Irresponsible Lending
Complaint Investigation and Findings
We have now had the opportunity to investigate your complaint and are able to provide you with our findings in this final response
Responsible Lending
Proportionality of Checks
When you first borrowed from CashEuroNet UK LLC we were regulated by the Office of Fair Trading (“OFT”). However, in April 2014 regulation of consumer credit became the responsibility of the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”).
Both the OFT and FCA required us to conduct proportionate checks to ensure any borrowing would be affordable and sustainable.
Our checks were not expected to be exhaustive and we were entitled to use our judgement when determining the types of checks we would conduct to assess affordability. When reviewing your complaint, we have assessed our lending against either OFT or FCA regulations, depending on whether you borrowed from us before or after FCA regulations were implemented.
We have assessed loans funded before FCA regulations were implemented using the “other credit commitment” (OCC) value taken from your credit report at the time of funding and used a reliable average for all remaining expenses. In assessing loans funded after FCA regulations were implemented, we used validated expenses figures. We arrived at those figures by validating your declared expenses for various categories from your loan application against credit reference agency and Office of National Statistics data.
Affordability
In assessing whether your loan(s) were affordable, we evaluated whether your total repayment across the loan term was sufficiently less than your total estimated disposable income across the loan term, after taking into account your expenses. Your expenses were gathered and determined as explained above. We further assessed affordability by viewing your account history for hardship. If we concluded that any of your prior loans were in hardship status, we evaluated whether any subsequent loans were issued without an adequate gap in time in between.
Dependency
In assessing whether you exhibited dependency upon short term loans, we closely reviewed whether you took out multiple loans in short succession and whether there were negative changes in your individual circumstances such as a decrease in income and/or an increase in “other credit commitments” between said loans. We further analysed dependency by examining whether you had any loan(s) with numerous extensions or rollovers and if so, whether any subsequent loan was funded in close proximity thereafter.
Creditworthiness
In assessing whether you exhibited sufficient creditworthiness at the time of funding your loan(s), we carefully analysed whether any loan was funded in close proximity to a prior loan that was in arrears for a significant duration before it was paid off.
Your Loan Investigation Summary
<<See table 1 in Annex>>
*Please note that for any loans funded prior to FCA regulation, the “Loan Term EDI” column will state N/A for the reasons explained above.
Conclusion
CashEuroNet UK LLC Complaint Upheld/ Not Upheld: Not Upheld
Based on our investigation methodology laid out above and your individual circumstances, we have come to the above decision on your irresponsible lending complaint.
Please see the table below for the reasons for our decision.
<<See table 2 in Annex>>
Please see below the summary of our offer.
<<See table 3 in Annex>>
This offer represents the interests and fees you have paid us on loans we have upheld, plus 8% simple annual interest on those interests and fees, minus 20% tax withholding (on the 8% simple interest) to be remitted directly to HMRC on your behalf. If you have any outstanding balance with us at this time, we will first apply the redress towards the balance and any remaining redress will be paid to you as a cash refund
●     Interest and fees eligible for refund: £ 0
●     plus 8% statutory interest £ 0
●     less 20% withholding £ 0
●     Total Owed to you £ 0
--------------------------------------------------------------------
●     Total Waiver Amount: £ 0
--------------------------------------------------------------------
●     Total Outstanding balance after the redress: £ 416.5
You have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge - but you must do so within six months of the date of this letter.
If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances.’

I assume they’re trying to throw me off by doing this. Ombudsman is the next stop? Any advise/tips before referring my complaint to the Ombudsman

• 2 months later...

its already in our guide you used

and they