I bought a laptop from an eBay user, svx-online, conne

jalexander
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apologies for extending this thread out of the blue, however it appears that I have fallen for the same [problem] as DraxDomax did.

I bought a laptop from an eBay user, svx-online, connected to the same user as in DraxDomax's case (same name and address). The laptop has just broken and, as it is a Macbook, I have checked the warranty status and it is non-existent. However, the seller, svx-online, clearly stated that it had a 1 year return-to-base warranty. I bought it in November (2017) and therefore eBay and PayPal claims have expired.

I have contacted him, but no reply. I am also wary about sending him the laptop after the problems DraxDomax encountered.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to proceed, in order to get some compensation for the macbook (it was over £1000) and to put a stop to this seller doing it again.

Any advice would be appreciated :-)

wow, sorry to hear that!

Can you search your email history, the sales receipt will be there and maybe will say something about the 1 year warranty?

Could you copy paste all your correspondence with them? Let me have a feel of what the spirit of the discussion is.

Maybe they've said something that traps them into the warranty anyway.

FWIW, I am fully on your case!

Consumer rights act against the seller

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Unfortunately I can't see the full item description anymore, however I got in touch with an eBay support assistant, and they confirmed that there was a warranty described in the posting. I have attached the chat logs with the assistant where they confirm this, as well as the confirmation of purchase email from eBay.

After chatting with the assistant, the assistant sent a message to the seller asking for them to contact me (screen shot attached too). This was on the 25th of May, so not much time has passed. I tried calling them (svx-online) and sent them a message today too, no response yet.

The dilemma is whether or not to send them back the laptop, if they claim that they do somehow have an Apple warranty that Apple does not make public to anyone else (I don't think this is the case).

Also, the laptop is currently at a repair shop, pending a £600 repair cost.

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 22.51.17.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 22.55.10.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 22.59.36.png

Own thread created in online forum

Ive had to hide you pix as youve left pers info showing

Please redact and use one multipage pdf

Use upload

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

A Warranty does not superceed your Consumer Rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/contents/enacted

Also do as DraxDomax did on there thread with ebay and contact ebay and tell them exactly what has happened and let them email seller so you have more evidence.

Servicex Ltd

4 Redgate Lane

Off Hyde Rd

Manchester

M12 4RY

Company Number: 08876370

Director: Mr Hamid Mahmood Taqui

Companies house link: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08876370

Endole link: https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/08876370-servicex-ltd?page=overview

This Endole link will be of interest just go down the webpage and look at the timeline (you will see skunkwurx Ltd listed that DraxDomax mentioned in there thread) and below: https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/people/10037662-mr-hamid-mahmood-taqui

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group