S.Power and a registered default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

So in late march/early April I spoke to SP about my outstanding bill and said i'd like to set up a plan to pay arrears (it wasn't particularly high) and get my account in order. Operative told me they couldn't do that unless i set up a monthly payment for my upcoming payments but only offered a monthly payment nearing £200 p/m. Told them that was completely unrealistic, and told them of my financial situation and that i needed to contact a few grant programmes. Operative told me account would be put on hold until mid april.

Called back around mid April to inform them that i was awaiting a decision from the grant programme, and the operative told me account would be on hold up until the beginning of may. Got an email at the end of April from SP telling me they have registered a default against me. I called them up next day asking why this was done when my account was on hold and I was in contact with them (had just entered new meter reading two weeks prior as well) and the operative told me they would pass the issue to a manager to get this resolved. I asked how long that would take, they said about a week and they had put my account on hold again for 30 days.

I called back at the end of the week and the operative told me that the previous operative was wrong, and they shouldn't have given me that time frame. Said it would take about 10 working days. Called back about toward the end of May as i had heard nothing and was told i would get a call the next day as the team who would deal with the issue closed at 5. No call the next day. I called that evening and said they'd call me on bank holiday.

They called yesterday (wasn't a manager) and was told my account was passed on to a debt collection team even though it was supposed to be hold AGAIN. Started complaining to the operative who told me they'll recall my account from the agency, and sort out the default too. Said i would get another call back the next day after this has been done to set up a payment plan.

So I get a call back today (not the same person as yesterday), who tells me the account was back with SP, but the can only sort out the default once it was paid in full. Told them this was now ridiculous, and was going to go the the ombudsman as I still hadn't even spoke to a manager a month later. Operative told me they would now open a complaint.

I say all of this because I want to know what my options are regarding the default on my credit file and if there are any salient points i can make in my complaint? They've really messed me around for 2 months and this default has put me in a very precarious position.

Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks!

sadly they are quite entitled to default you.

arrangement/hold or whatever makes no odds

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...