Hermes lost parcel - Feel Unique refuse refund- **Won - refunded**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have gone through some of the numerous threads on missing parcels sent via Hermes.

My question is, who is legally liable if a parcel, returned FOC via Hermes as per the sellers return policy is lost?

The seller won't issue a refund until they receive the parcel.

Thank you.

I think you need to tell us a lot more about the story so we can understand what has happened and all the various relationships. Then we can give you some advice

Sorry,

My wife ordered something online which was delivered by Hermes to one of their drop off points and I duly collected it on her behalf.

The seller, Feel Unique, had sent the wrong item so my wife went on to the sellers website and followed the returns policy instructions. Feel Unique emailed a returns label to be affixed to the parcel and I took the parcel to the Hermes Parcel Shop the following day, 12th May, from where I received a receipt with a tracking number.

My wife received an email from 'intelligentreturns.net' who I assume are Hermes confirming that the parcel had been received at the Hermes Parcel Shop and that it was on it's way. It was marked as 'in transit to our local hub' at 18:11hrs that day and nothing since.

The seller is refusing a refund until they receive the parcel but my argument with them is that a) they sent the wrong item and b) as we followed their returns policy and used the carrier they told us to then shouldn't they be liable?

Sorry, I'm not sure where the 28 days comes from. Maybe EB could post a link to this authority.

From the sounds of it you seem to have got yourself involved with two of the worst performers for good customer service – Hermes, and Feel Unique although looking at the reviews over the Internet, Feel Unique normally have a very good reputation so maybe you have just come across somebody who is having a bad day

In the circumstances the seller is not at all entitled to refuse a refund. Exactly as JJ says, firstly they were in breach by supplying the wrong item. Secondly it is they who dictated the manner in which the incorrect item should be returned and you followed those instructions. You have evidence that you have done everything you can to return it. You are entitled to a refund.

It is between the seller and Hermes to sort out their problems. It has nothing to do with you.

I suppose the question now is what do you want to do about it? Do you simply want to send a letter of complaint or do you want to threaten and then bring a small claim? I'm assuming that the supplier of the item is trading as a business.

Ericsbrother v DSG, Croydon CC 2004

basically the company has its agreed billing cycle to refund, even if you didnt use a credit agreement, the terms posted online are taken as being applicable. If you are out of pocket because they delay then you can claim any losses caused by the delay and that will include any interest they slap on because they are likely to, they cant help themselves. If you dont have a credit account and paid for just that then do a chargeback via the bank

As stated above, the dispute between Hermes and the supplier is nowt to do with you and shouldnt ever be used as an excuse not to refund

Good. Well done.

Thanks for letting us know. Many people never bother