style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well rain on the day the solar panels were installed

Still a bit drier today and so far nearly 20kwh down

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

The areas suffering from hosepipe bans now all had low rainfall last autumn, winter and Spring. That's the time when rain actually isn't taken up by plants, and doesn't evaporate rapidly, therefore has time to fill the underground aquifers. In fact summer rain does very little, apart from making the grass green!

Here in Oxfordshire, we had abundant rain, for the last 9 months, (before this drought started) plus a load of snow melt. This is still percolating through to underground sources. This is why Thames Water are saying there won't be a hosepipe ban this summer.

However, if the next 9 months are dry then we will have a problem.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Well it's throwing it down now

Panels seem to do about 10kwh a day in the rain but after just a week it's hard to judge we seem to have used around half our normal power intake most of that being overnight with the electric car

Will see how it goes

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Just been on the beach at tywyn and thought of you tawny - massive piece of driftwood

Please note: