Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: VCS PCN Caimform - Car park: Berkeley Centre, Ecclesall RD, Sheffield, S11 8PN

then we don't need to see other templates either please
    respect their copyright

ideally the two pocs need to only be typed out in a msg box here

NTK is the only thing we need to actually have a scan of please

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    Joh7n Novitiate

Cagger since : May 2006

Default Re: VCS PCN Caimform - Car park: Berkeley Centre, Ecclesall RD, Sheffield, S11 8PN

Hello again Guys,

RThe Acknowledgement went in early.

The CPR 31.14 expired several days ago and asked for their contract with the land owner, planning consents for signage and copies of the NTK & any other correspondence from them to me.
    They have not replied.

The Claim was dated 21 May, so I think my defence needs to be in the 23rd June.
    What do I need to do now?

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

21st is 1 in the count
    by 4pm 22nd

use the std defence in about every claimformicon thread in this forum
    #

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Joh7n Novitiate

I've read your booklet "Received Court Papers from a Private Parking Company (PPC) Speculative Invoice??
    How to deal with it here".
    Is that the standard defence you referred to?
    It's very good.
    I have some questions, though:

I have asked for planning consents for signage and they have not responded.
    Can I now claim that the court should assume that no such consent exists and that the PPC cannot now show evidence to the contrary since it has been denied to the defendant, despite a CPR request?

Can I similarly claim that no contract exists between them and the land owner for the same reason?

Can I claim that I never received a NTD/K showing evidence that I overstayed since that was also requested in the CPR?
    Does this mean that they can not now show the photographic evidence to the court?

Yes use the 3 line defence here already

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Joh7n Novitiate

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    Yes use the 3 line defence here already
    Iím sorry, dx, but I donít understand your answer. 🙂

Unless you are doing it whilst not logged in
    Youve not viewed one orher private parking claimformicon thread..

CAGicon is selfhelp too

Use the search CAGicon box of the top red toolbar

Vcs claimform

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Who did you ask about planning consent?

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Joh7n Novitiate

Thanks for the clarification. Iíll search for that thread.

In the CPR request I asked the PCC for copies of any planning consents relating to the signage.

Site Team DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967's Avatar

Cagger since : Mar 2007

Right, first off, you don't want the PPC (or anyone else) to actually respond to your CPR 31.14... Think about it

Also, you need to ask the council planning department (for the area where the parking occurred) what planning permission has been applied for and granted. Ask under planning regs and the advertising consent regs. The council will tell you the truth, a PPC will tell you that black is white

We could use your help
    PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback
    Follows
    Following

Now go back and read post 11 CAREFULLY again

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Joh7n Novitiate

Quote Originally Posted by DragonFly1967 View Post
    Right, first off, you don't want the PPC (or anyone else) to actually respond to your CPR 31.14... Think about it
    Thanks, DragonFly1967. I will contact the Sheffield Planning Dept tomorrow morning. Great advice.

Yes, I realise that my interests are best served if the PCC doesnít respond to the CPR 31.14.

What I was asking (see a couple of posts above) is whether I can claim that documents
    (such as planning consents, contract with land owner and photographic evidence that I exceeded the parking time limit) donít exist because, if they did, the PCC should have produced them.

They cannot now produce them as part of their case.

What do you think?

How can I best exploit the fact that they ignoredicon a court procedure?

Now go back and read post 11 CAREFULLY again
    Yes, thanks dx.
    Point taken.
    Iíll get onto it.

I was just hoping that the process could be sidestepped if the planning consent was now inadmissible in court and the PCC werenít allowed to defend a claim that they had no planning permission anyway.

As politely as i can say it
    And ofcourse for the later people that read your thread

everyone follows the well oiled and tried and tested method used here to defeat almost every claim we get - do what we tell you when we tell you...
    Each time you come to your thread re-read it from post 1

Dx

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Joh7n Novitiate

everyone follows the well oiled and tried and tested method used here to defeat almost every claim we get - do what we tell you when we tell you...
    Dx
    I don’t mean to be rude and I am genuinely very grateful to you and everyone else who has offered me advice, but my problem is this:

I don’t fully understand what the tried and tested method is,

when I ask you a question you often answer with a riddle.
    A symptom of my autism is that I like things to be black & white.

I’m going to ask the same question for a third time.

Please just give a straight forward answer.
    Why have I been advised to submit a CPR 31:14icon if everyone predicted that VCS would ignoreicon it?

And how can their failure to respond be used to my advantage?

Is there any merit in any of the benefits I suggested above?

Thank you for your patience explaining this to me.

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by Joh7n View Post
    I don’t mean to be rude and I am genuinely very grateful to you and everyone else who has offered me advice, but my problem is this:

I don’t fully understand what the tried and tested method is,

when I ask you a question you often answer with a riddle.
    A symptom of my autism is that I like things to be black & white. - to be polite , whatever your issue is...we can deal with it...but don't use it as an excuse for not researching your issue...

I’m going to ask the same question for a third time.

Please just give a straight forward answer.
    Why have I been advised to submit a CPR 31:14icon if everyone predicted that VCS would ignoreicon it? - yes if you read like threads you'll see this..it is a REQUEST, it is NOT [and cannot be a] DEMAND

And how can their failure to respond be used to my advantage? - that they cannot prove their claim

Is there any merit in any of the benefits I suggested above? - read like threads

Thank you for your patience explaining this to me.

Not being funny but....
    CAG is also a self-help site
    Unless you have done so whilst not logged in
    You've not read ONE other like thread!

If i were really as green on this and thus worried about this as you seen be id be using my time reading up

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

failure to respond to a CPR 31.14 request places the onus on the claimant to produce all of the documents before the claim can be considered as not doing so places the defendant at a disadvantage and more importantly, what you are asking for is proof that VCS have the right to make a claim.

If they cant show they have a right then they dont have one.
    Telling a judge this in your defence will mean that the first thing they will do is demand to see this proof or the case will be chucked out without further discussion.

It does happen and usually as what is called a Case Management Meeting, usually done by way of an order but sometimes a preliminary hearing or discussion in chambers.

Basic Account Holder
    Joh7n Novitiate

Wink Re: VCS PCN Caimform - Car park: Berkeley Centre, Ecclesall RD, Sheffield, S11 8PN

Hello everyone

Thank you ericsbrother. that is much clearer now.

I have some more information.

Firstly,
    I spoke to someone in the Sheffield Planning Dept,
    who was very supportive,
    but massively overworked.

Apparently she is presently the only staff in the dept.
    She was also once caught by VCS and paid them!

There is no planning permission for signage,
    although she thinks the small signs don't require it.

Browsing through their online archive I found an application back in 2004 for a "non illuminated freestanding name sign" which was refused!

The archive doesn't go back far enough to see the original permission for the retail development and the woman wasn't able to do a search while i waited, so I couldn't check for Planning Conditions attached to that Consent relating specifically to parking.

I could make a formal request for a planning search but I wouldn't receive the results before the Judgement date.

The land owner is Henderson Property Fund and the estate is managed by Lambert Hampton Smith.
    I spoke to someone from Lambert H.S. who told me that VCS's contract is with the landowner, but serviced by them.
    When I asked specific questions about the contract, they referred me to the landowner.

I now have some photos of the entrance and exit of the carpark, taken by a family member who is local, but they are of limited use.
    I was hoping for notes relating to dimensions, positions, visibility, etc.

They are going back to take some more pictures and make notes.

Also,
    Unless you are doing it whilst not logged in
    Youve not viewed one orher private parking claimformicon thread..
    I have spent many hours researching/actioning this issue, both on CAGicon and elsewhere.

I work 25 hour long shifts and, because of this, much of my research time has been at work on the office computer.

I tend to only log in when I submit a reply.

I don't want anyone to think I expect CAGicon to hand me this on a plate, with no effort on my part.

My many questions are partly as a result of information overload.

Attached Files

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

Right,
    they DO need PP as it isnt applicable for "deemed consent" because of the content.

Read up on the 2007 Town and Country Planning Act on a document linked to the parking pranksters blogspot and web page.
    It is written by a retired lawyer and very thorough.

You will use that info to damn them when they say they dont need permission due to deemed consent and size of signage etc when they do.
    Also if their signs are so small as to be exempt how the hell are you supposed to read them whilst driving past?

that is also part of why you need to know their position and size so you can show that they are impossible to read when entering the land and thus that makes any contractual offer on them void due to illegibility.
    A passenger might stand a hope of catching a glimpse but they arent being offered anything.

also need to be able to read the small print which cant be read at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Joh7n View Post

I have spent many hours researching/actioning this issue, both on CAGicon and elsewhere.
    I work 25 hour long shifts and, because of this, much of my research time has been at work on the office computer.
    I tend to only log in when I submit a reply.
    I don't want anyone to think I expect CAGicon to hand me this on a plate, with no effort on my part.
    My many questions are partly as a result of information overload.
    probably the latter then,.....well done

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Site Team DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967's Avatar

Cagger since : Mar 2007

Those (smaller) parking signs still look bigger than 0.3≤M to me, but it's difficult to tell from a picture.

But regardless, even if they don't need specific planning permission, that massive car parking sign at the entrance most certainly does! And without that, it won't matter whether the other signs have planning permission or were placed there via divine intervention. The whole scheme doesn't comply with planning regulations.

We could use your help
    PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details