MOD Guidance Data Protection: rights for data subjects

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guidance

Data Protection: rights for data subjects

Under the Data Protection legislation, data subjects have the following rights with regards to their personal information:

-- the right to be informed about the collection and the use of their personal data

-- the right to access personal data and supplementary information

-- the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete

-- the right to erasure (to be forgotten) in certain circumstances

-- the right to restrict processing in certain circumstances

-- the right to data portability, which allows the data subject to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services

-- the right to object to processing in certain circumstances

-- rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling

-- the right to withdraw consent at any time (where relevant)

-- the right to complain to the Information Commissioner

READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/data-protection-rights-for-data-subjects/data-protection-rights-for-data-subjects

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

MOD subject data rights form 7779

Form for contacting the Ministry of Defence about your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 18).

READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/mod-subject-data-rights-form-7779

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Request information on potentially hazardous exposure during MOD employment

Procedure for individuals who are concerned about any potentially hazardous exposure during their military service or civilian employment with the Ministry of Defence.

Potentially hazardous exposure

Following a decision by the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) there is now a Special Subject Access Request (SSAR) procedure for individuals who are concerned about any potentially hazardous exposure they may have experienced during their military service or civilian employment with MOD.

READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/request-information-on-potentially-hazardous-exposure-during-mod-employment

MOD Subject Access Request form

Form for requesting personal data held by the Ministry of Defence for current or former civilian staff or members of the armed forces.

READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/mod-subject-access-request-form