Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    writing2rightoff Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jul 2017

Default Lantern writing to me for debt not on credit file

Hi,

I have received a lettericon from Lantern requesting payment for loans I took out years ago.

The loans do not appear on my credit file and have not been on my credit file for at least the last two to three years.
    I think I defaulted on most of them six years ago that's why they are not on my credit record.

Lantern have called me on my work mobile number once recently, ( within the last two weeks) and I refused to answer security questions because I was not sure who I was speaking to. But they did say they where formerly MMF.

I do not wish to engage with Lantern, what steps do I take to ensure I pay them or not

Thanks in advance.

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

Default Re: Lantern writing to me for debt not on credit file

Then dont engage with them.......if they are statute barredicon anyway.

Andy

Basic Account Holder

Thanks Andy
    Not sure if loans they refer to are statute barredicon, haven't got any of the correspondence anymore

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

The loans do not appear on my credit file and have not been on my credit file for at least the last two to three years. I think I defaulted on most of them six years ago that's why they are not on my credit record.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Have you moved since taking this out?

Basic Account Holder

Why? I receive letters from letters from Lantern anyway?

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Mmf are masters at issuing backdoor ccj's
    Even if the debt is statute barredicon

Moved to the mmf forum

Basic Account Holder

Default Resolvecall letter to arrange personal visit re debt to Lantern

Hi I hope you can help.

I have received a lettericon from Resolvecall to my address requesting that I contact them otherwise they will arrange a personal visit by one of their representatives, (they are acting on behalf of Lantern).

I think the debts they refer to are over six years old and do not show up on my noddle credit file.
    I do not want them to visit my home address.
    If they insist please advise most appropriate response.
    I live in shared accommodation and do not want others in the accommodation made aware of their visits.

Thanking you in advance.

Follows
    Following

old and new threads merged
    please keep to one thread

resolvecall or snotcrawl ...sorry scotcall rarely turn up
    and even if they do they are not bailiffs and have like every DCA ZERO legal powers.

should one appears VERY RARE.. you tell them to leave else you'll call police 101.

did you not resolve this in the now merged thread?

if your last payment was more than 6yrs ago, then send MMF our SB letter from the debt collectionicon section of our libraryicon.

Basic Account Holder

Thanks dx100uk. Ok I am trying to get the sb letter from the libraryicon but get this message' CAGicon Library - you need to register to access the CAGicon library'

then log in before you try and access it.!!
    https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u...October-2015**

Basic Account Holder

I was logged on but did not get to the libraryicon even after several attempts. But thanks for your reply and I have got the sb letter from your link.

My concern then is that they can still enforce a ccj because of the following '"...a firm must not attempt to recover a statute barredicon debt in England, Wales or Northern Ireland if the lender or owner has not been in contact with the customer during the limitation period." 7.15.4 I am not sure if they have tried to contact me during the limitation period or are doing so after.

its statute barredicon you've told them
    letter writing does not stop the clock!!

Basic Account Holder

You are saying Lantern can still issue the ccj even if I send the sb letter..?

Basic Account Holder
    Will Goodfellow Novitiate

Cagger since : Jun 2018

Quote Originally Posted by writing2rightoff View Post
    You are saying Lantern can still issue the ccj even if I send the sb letter..?

Yes but your defence will be that the debt is statute barredicon, and if it is, the claim will be dismissed.

no once told SB'd if they cant prove otherwise all comms should stop.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details