• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cabot/mortimer Claim form - Halifax OD

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I hope someone can help please.

I have just checked my credit score which is 736 (fair).

It states:

Halifax balance £0 updated 11/8/13

Cabot balance £1280 updated 1/4/18

There are no other debts there. Am I to assume that they have dropped off?

Cabot took over the Halifax debt, but both are listed as a default. If i were to offer Halifax an offer, in full and final settlement, agreed in writing, would that remove the default? If so, how long would it take?

Many thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no paying a debt off does not remove the default ..waste of money.

what is the original defaulted date registered by Halifax?

Cabot's should be the same date

2 defaults for the same debt do not harm you twice.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you DX for you reply.

The original defaulted date registered by halifax is 11 Aug 2013. Cabot registered it 1 April 2018.

I want to improve my score from fair to enable me to get a mortgage later in the year or early next year. What would be the best way to do so? I assumed clearing my default would help the score?

Many thanks

No they didnt register it on the 1st April, they took it over and that is why the balance is zero on the Halifax account. It will drop off next year and if it doesnt you make a complaint regarding this or fire off a letter to Cabot and get them to alter the date next month so it reflects a true state of affairs. Halifax have sold it on so offering them money wont get you anywhere and offer cabot anything other than the full amount will likewise be met with a rebuff.

The score will stay there until 11/8/19 unless that default date was wrong to begin with. When did you last pay anything or admit you owed the money?

Thank you for your reply.

Cabot have written to say that they are prepared to reduce the balance and invite my proposal of an offer to clear the account.

I am anxious to improve my credit as I wish to apply for a mortgage later in the year. I have no idea when I last paid anything, probably coming up to six years if not already.

Many thanks

then go RING Halifax and ask you last payment date.

what type of debt is it please

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thread title updated and moved to the HBOS forum.

oh please its an OD.

probably the complete debt is made up of penalty charges and the interest they attract.

cabot rarely chase enforceable debts..so that explains it.

I would suspect the cabot default actually says updated date.

get onto Halifax and find out your last payment date

and they

get that info before you do anything.

and they

• 4 weeks later...

Any help please?

I have just received a Claim Form from County Court Business Centre in Northampton, from Cabot Financial for the OD debt. I have also been plagued by Mortimore Solicitors by phone calls. Help please, thank you

Or do I pay it? Make an offer and get them to remove the entry from my credit file.

I am applying for a mortgage soon as the last thing I need is a CCJ being entered.

I have received a claim form for the overdraft debt from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors. The amount is £1280.

I am waiting for the SAR. I don't know what to do.

Should I offer a one off payment and ask them to remove the entry on my credit file.

Or, ask them to delay the claim so I can prove its bank charges.

I will be applying for a mortgage later in the year and I cannot have a CCJ entered against my name as I won't get the mortgage.

Any help appreciated

You say you have received a claim form but also you are suggesting that there is an entry on your credit file. Please can you explain.

If there is already an entry in your credit file then you can be certain that they won't remove it. You would have to prove that there is some error. If you are able to demonstrate that the alleged debt was due at least substantially to unlawful charges then this would give you some leverage.

When is the SAR due?

Thank you for your reply.

Halifax have an entry on my credit file with a balance of zero which drops off August 2019.

Cabot also have an entry for the 1280. Now I have received a claim form from Cabots sols for the money.

The SAR was only sent about 10 days ago so will be some time before its received and then there is no guarantee I can prove it was bank charges.

SHould I offer a payment to get rid of it?

Thread moved to Financial Legal Issues forum in view of the claim form.

Please read the following link and then copy and paste the Q,s and your responses back here for further advice on how to deal with the claim.

Dont do anything until advised.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-2018**(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Regards

Andy

Thread title amended

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I'm afraid that they would rather eat their own children and do something very vulgar to their grannies than remove your credit file. If you don't believe me, then try it and you will find out for yourself.

Are the Halifax entry and the Cabot entry in respect of the same debt?

When you are talking about offering a payment, are you talking about offering the whole amount claimed – or simply trying to make a full and final settlement offer?

Oh God!

Yes the Halifax and Cabot are the same debt. I was hoping to make them a full and final settlement offer (not full amount) conditional upon them removing the entry from my credit file.

I am trying to repair my credit before I apply for a mortgage later in the year and this is the last thing I need.

If it meant clearing my credit file, I could muster the money to pay the full amount, at a push. I am desperate to get a mortgage later in the year

you dont need too

old and new threads merged

please keep to ONE thread

get that link in post 15 done please

and as post 6 did you even ring Halifax and findout the last payment date

this could be crucial to this claim.

and they

Thank you for your help.

I went into the Halifax today and the account was closed on 5 June 2013 and the last payment I made from the account was 11 January 2013. Apart from me making a few payments (child's shoes and the pound shop) the rest throughout January to close of the account is unplanned OD fees or planned OD fee. Would it be worth going back and asking him to print off earlier statements?

I had been getting calls from Cabot and Mortimer and they have been leaving messages. I know I should have dealt with this but I have been going through a horrendous time the past few years and it has been an extremely stressful few years.

The debt is clearly not statute barred for another year. Should I just pay it and be done with it?

Due to the chronic stress over the years and the PTSD I have problems remembering things. I just want this to go away so I can get on with my life without any more stress.

Thanks for your help so far, its much appreciated.

No dont pay

Link in postt 15 please!!

and they

If getting that mortgage is your priority then obviously that has a bearing on how you proceed with the claim.The default will remain in place irrespective of the claim whether you defend or admit.... until its 6th anniversary which will then drop off your credit file.

With regards to the claim ...even if you did defend all..this would buy you some time for the claim to processed and to see if the claimant can proceed should a defence be submitted....95% of overdraft claims are discontinued once a defence has submitted a defence as the claimant was hoping for either a default judgment (no response from the claimant) or an admittance (which you are considering).

So if you was to defend all it would delay the claim up to 3 months which allows you time to get the money or possibly the claimant informing you they discontinue.

Your decision.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Thank you.

Name of the Claimant ? Cabot Financial (UK) Limited

Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to.

Issue date: 22 May 2016 (received yesterday)

Date of issue XX + 19 days ( 5 day for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = XX + 14 days to submit defence = XX (33 days in total) -

^^^^^ NOTE : WHEN CALCULATING THE TIMELINE - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE DATE ON THE CLAIMFORM IS ONE IN THE COUNT [example: Issue date 01.03.2014 + 19 days (5 days for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = 19.03.2014 + 14 days to submit defence = 02.04.2014] = 33 days in total

Issue date 22 May + 19 days = 10 June + 14 days to submit defence = 23 June

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? Please type out their particulars of claim in full (verbatim) less any identifiable data and round the amounts up/down.

"Monies due under current account overdraft. The Claimant's claim is for the balance outstanding under a bank account facility HALIFAX agreed to maintain for the Defendant. It was a term of the Bank account that any debit balance would be repayable by the Defendant in full on demand. The Defendant has failed to repay the amount due. The debt was assiged to the Claimant. THE CLAIMANT THEREFORE CLAIMS 1280.29 2. Costs"

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? No

What is the value of the claim? including court fee and costs £1430.59

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Bank account overdraft

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? In 2007 when I started Uni

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Assigned to Cabot who are the claimant.

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? I was aware, they were writing to me. Don't recall a notice of assignment though.

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? There is a default on my credit file - is that what you mean?

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? Not that I recall.

Why did you cease payments? The last time I made a transaction on the account was January 2013.

What was the date of your last payment? There were no payments arranged, it was just closed and sold on.

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? Yes, I was writing to them explaining my situation but they closed account.

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management planicon? Yes I did, I wrote asking them to write off the debt but they didn't.

I can't think of anything else.

Thank you Andy,

Halifax's default will drop off next year. Cabot's default for the same debt was only registered on my credit file this year. From what I can see there are a lot of unplanned OD fees.

Do you know if Cabot's default will stay for 6 years? I didn't have any agreement with them.

Many thanks

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? There is a default on my credit file - is that what you mean?

No a physical Default Notice......current account Default Notices are referred to as Notice served under Sections 76(1) and 98(1) of the CCA1974...its a termination recall notice.

If your last transaction was January 2013 and you state halifax default will drop off next year (Jan 2019) that is correct.....Cabots have simply added their name because they now own the debt but they have not changed the start default date...

So if you wish to defend the claim you need to acknowledge service of the claim (instructions are contained within the claim form pack) you can do this on line.....you have 19 days to complete acknowledgment from and including 22nd May...you then have another 14 days to submit a defence...so 33 days in total.

I would send the following today...irrespective.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387483-LEGAL-CPR-31.14-Request-when-Claim-is-being-made-for-a-Current-Account

I would advise to defend all...even if to buy an extra 3 months...but even so you would most probably see this off as a discontinued claim once defended.