Uncle buck / moriaty law - n279 NoD/Now Assigned to Asset

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

uncle buck/moriaty law (the claimants) served me with an N279 notice of discontinuance in February

which i thought was the end but today uncle buck have gave me the usual threats about what will

happen if i dont pay... yep you guessed it!! court action..

i am wondering why they discontinued in the first place.

best regards

regards

hunterandthehunted

• 2 weeks later...
Well they cant do court action again from my understanding. Im guessing this is an MMF debt passed to Mor Law?

Hi,

Actually it never went to a DCA, Moriarty law where the acting solicitors for uncle buck and on the discontinuation notice it says amount due £0.00.

As uncle buck are now stating that the account has been recalled and is still outstanding my worry is that they will

sell it to a DCA and the process will start all over again.

regards

hunterandthehunted

no-one ever sells to a dca, that is the point. They pass it on but the dca is just a mouthpiece and cant do anything other than make noise

so after the discontinuation can the OC pass it on to another DCA and then go to court again.

if the answer is yes what is the point of the discontinuation apart from it can no longer become statute barred

regards

hunterandthehunted

what is the point of the discontinuation apart from it can no longer become statute barred

Why?

A notice of Discontinuance simply stops a ongoing claim..the claimant can represent the claim with permission of the court.

A notice of Discontinuance has no connection to statute barred.

A court claim can stop the clock on limitations.....if its discontinued then the clock starts to tick again from when it stopped.

Some DCA do buy debts...Lowell/Cabot/Moriarty/Arrow/1st Credit/Link/Hoist to name a few.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

A notice of Discontinuance simply stops a ongoing claim..the claimant can represent the claim with permission of the court.

A notice of Discontinuance has no connection to statute barred.

A court claim can stop the clock on limitations.....if its discontinued then the clock starts to tick again from when it stopped.

Some DCA do buy debts...Lowell/Cabot/Moriarty/Arrow/1st Credit/Link/Hoist to name a few.

hi andy,

i understand that the claimant needs permission from the court to represent the claim but are they allowed to pass on the debt or sell to another DCA thus allowing the DCA to start another claim without permission from the court.

yes so the statute barred clock has been reset... crafty buggers

regards

hunterandthehunted

Yes they can still assign it on to another debt buyer..but I will state that I have never seen it happen on a discontinued claim...you may get chasers but thats all..they cant litigate..

• Confused 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Yes they can still assign it on to another debt buyer..but I will state that I have never seen it happen on a discontinued claim...you may get chasers but thats all..they cant litigate..

thanks andy,

i will post back if another claim is made.

regards

hunterandthehunted

hi andy,

i understand that the claimant needs permission from the court to represent the claim but are they allowed to pass on the debt or sell to another DCA thus allowing the DCA to start another claim without permission from the court.

yes so the statute barred clock has been reset... crafty buggers

No the sb clock is NOT reset read andy's post properly!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Moved to pdl forum

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

update...

just received this e-mail by uncle buck

Dear Mr...........

Goodbye

We would like to inform you that Uncle Buck Finance LLP have assigned the legal and beneficial rights, title and interest in respect of the above referenced account to Asset Collections & Investigations Limited.

Asset Collections & Investigations Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (reference number: 708400). They will contact you shortly and provide you with the Notice of Assignment, confirming the purchase of your debt.

All future payments and correspondence regarding this account must be directed to Asset Collections & Investigations Limited using their contact details below:

Customer Portal: https://secure.assetcollections.uk

Email: [email protected]

Telephone: 0330 808 1580

Asset Collection & Investigations’ office is open 8:00am – 7.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00am – 5.30pm on Fridays.

Post Asset Collections & Investigations Limited (ACI), Unit 1 Neptune Court 49, Whitehills Business Park, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY4 5LZ

Regards

Collections Department

Uncle Buck

http://www.unclebuck.co.uk

regards

hunterandthehunted

I have updated your thread title hunter.

Regards

Andy

• 5 months later...

update

just received a default notice from asset with the promise of court action if not remedied.

Are DCA's allowed to issue a default notice?, and shouldn't of uncle buck issued one before selling the debt on and if so is a second one legally allowed to be issued?

regards

hunterandthehunted

already defaulted is it not?

and they

already defaulted is it not?

yes but i am wondering once a claim is issued and i send the obligatory cpr request, could they rely on the latter DN as i suspect that they will not have the former DN which was obviously issued by uncle buck?

regards

hunterandthehunted

urh?

the debt is already defaulted

bogpaper unless they change the registered defaulted date on your file which they cant

against ICO rules.

and they

you don't.

when did you take this account out?

and they

strange its not showing on your credit file then

are you at the same address? still

and they

No....nor default it....but if everything is tickety boo with the arrangement why assign it ?

Any account assigned to DCA must have broken down and been terminated...as a DCA can not offer live credit credit arrangements...only collect.

Andy