Virgin Media Incompetence

Jonny_J
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Four weeks ago, we secured a new home in an area where Virgin Media don't offer any services.

This is a shame because we have enjoyed their service for the past 11 years.

We let them know straight away that we would no longer require their services and they told us that they would send us three bags with cable plugs so that we could cap the cables and return the two set top boxes and router that we have.

This took two weeks and when the bags turned up there was one bag big enough for the router and one cap.

We let them know instantly and they said that this was a common problem and they would send the correct bags.

Today they still hadn't turned up and we're moving on Friday (today is Tuesday).

Their attitude is that we will just have to order the bags again so we can cap the cables and return the boxes.

We have explained that we won't be here, but have been told that if we don't do this properly they will charge us £350 for the equipment.

My question is that if we have given them four weeks notice, and they haven't provided the facilities to terminate our contract properly, can they charge us?

I have to say that even when we used social media to contact them, they seemed to ignore the fact that we have to leave the property on a certain date and just kept giving us a link to order the bags an caps.

Worry tends to make the smallest thing throw the largest shadow - Swedish Proverb

load of ole twaddle! typical VM

nothing they can do

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DX, thank you for your very swift reply. They owe us a refund of £90 which I don't think we'll get back.

Worry tends to make the smallest thing throw the largest shadow - Swedish Proverb

Virgin Media Details:

Mr Tom Mockridge

Chief Executive

Virgin Media

Media House

Bartley Wood Business Park

Hook

Hampshire

RG27 9UP

Email: [email protected] (No Spaces)

ceoemail: https://www.ceoemail.com/

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you have a Virgin store locally, you could try what I did when returning a set top box. Write down the serial numbers of the equipment, pop it all in a bag and deposit in the store. Make sure you get a signed receipt from (preferably) a manager that includes the serial numbers.

It isn't something they are used to in a store, but my local Virgin phone shop accepted the return after a bit of badgering from myself. No need to worry about the coax cables, as they are generally considered consumables and made to suit the individual install.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

VM are the most incompetent bunch out there.

Write to the ceo a very robust letter and tell him that you're not an engineer or a technician, so apart from returning the box they will have to sort the rest themselves.

Point out that you're not afraid to take the matter to court and name him personally as co-defendant.

That made things move last time i had dealings with those cowboys.

Point out that you're not afraid to take the matter to court and name him personally as co-defendant.

What are you suggesting the OP should claim for when they aren’t afraid to take it to court?

Presumably to wipe the £350 charge for equipment and obtain the £90 owed to the OP?

I would personally write to the CEO. I've done this before with a Virgin Media Business account after a severely botched install and had good success.

Failing that you could take the equipment with you and order the bags to your new house? I wouldn't worry too much about capping the COAX cables. Every apartment I've lived in with VM has never had those things capped. When I moved house and took my services with me, they did not provide me a cap for the old address. But told me to take the router when I moved.

This is how I spend most of my life :ranger:

Potentially the £90.

You can't sue "to wipe the £350 charge".It'd be up to VM to claim it, and then the OP to defend that claim : the Op can't issue a claim for "-£350" ("that VM might try to claim from me")

Yes, i meant the £90.

If they then help themselves to the £350, it would be possibly easier to do a chargeback, direct debit claim.

But make sure they know you're not afraid of the mega corporation, they're absolutely useless when it comes to produce evidence and put together a defence for a couple of hundred pounds.

They possibly keep the good solicitors for tax claims and other billion pound matters.

I assumed the DD has been stopped so they cant help themselves to the £350...they may simply default and trash the OPS credit files.....unless its a bluff ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread