Employer not renewing a Fixed Term Contract but I am on a Permanent Contract so advice appreciated.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The Head hasn't dealt with anything it's all been done by the Asst Head so did you mean her or go to the Head? I don't want to go behind her back.

Whoever makes the actual decisions. Tell whoever you need to upfront before ou go for a chat. I don't know any of them and got really confused by who did what in your posts.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well The Assistant Head is the issue but has been dealing with all the meetings, letters and targets. The Head I haven't seen at all. HR got involved after the Assistant Head checked with them about my contract and my Line Manager has been a witness at all meetings except for the first. So I'll go and ask the Assistant Head and have my Line Manager there as a witness so to speak. Thank you.

Well The Assistant Head is the issue but has been dealing with all the meetings, letters and targets. The Head I haven't seen at all. HR got involved after the Assistant Head checked with them about my contract and my Line Manager has been a witness at all meetings except for the first. So I'll go and ask the Assistant Head and have my Line Manager there as a witness so to speak. Thank you.

Your decision; I'm just offering opinions. You haven't seemed to want to have a frank conversation so far so don't let me push you into it.

I don't think this kind of conversation goes well with a witness though. It's more off the record exploration; witnesses put it on the record...

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

All sorted they are instructing payroll to issue me with a Fixed term contract to the end of July, as was originally their intention and they have also taken steps to ensure that the action to end the contract on will not result in any over payment to me or the need for me to make up any shortfall. Interview time and a neutral reference also accepted and will be allowed to leave early if a new job comes up. Thanks for those who advised. Apologies if I was hard work my head has just been a mess the last couple of weeks.