Income Protection Insurance Fail

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Had to guess as to the best place to put this as a bit of an odd case this:

A year or more ago I took out Income Protection Insurance with Trent services. On May the 3rd 2018 I was told -totally out of the blue- that I was to be made redundant. Last week I received a letter from Trent services saying they were going into administration but a new company was taking over from May the 9th so I needn't worry.

The issue is that my "incident date" as they call it, is six days prior to that and therefore, although my claim is legitimate, it can't be/won't be paid. The old company has no money to pay it. The no one won't accept responsibility and my employers can't change the date of my redundancy because of potential audit repercussions. This puts me in a pretty dangerous situation as I have only just committed to a new mortgage (two hours prior to redundancy!) Is there anything I can do?:jaw:

Thanks all

Ali

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

they are talking rubbish, if the policy has been transferred so has the risk. You may need to get the insurance Ombudsman involved so try asking them for an opinion first. The alternative is that they refund your money but again, no dounbt they will argue over who has to pay up.

Thanks so much Eric's Brother. Yea, they've been back in touch and it's still a bit up in the air, but I've submitted my claim anyway and will wait to hear what their reply is. I remain hopeful, but it's also good to know I have recourse to the Ombudsperson should I require. Thanks again, Little Alf

Thread moved to PPI Forum.....similar insurance :-)

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread