Ethical Parking - debt collectors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi -

I have also received two sets of letters from ZZPS, relating to parking notices issued at Brighton University on behalf of Ethical Parking in October and November 2015!

Whilst I remember receiving the notices and not really doing anything about them (I've checked back over old bank statements to see if I paid them - and I didn't),

I have not received any correspondence since then.

Same address and same car as the date of the original PCNs.

The only thing I think that has happened is that these letters have been sent to me since I recently parked in the university car park again on a weekend when it is free for a particular event. I assume the cameras picked up the registration plate and it has triggered some kind of recall at 'Ethical'.

I received one set of letters at the end of April 2018, and ignored them.

I've now received two more.

ZZPS are claiming that if I do not pay within 14 days they will pass this to QDR Solicitors.

Both letters demand £130.

Do you think it worth ignoring them still

- there is no mention of a fine but of an 'outstanding debt'?

NB:

During the time of the original PCNs,

I was a student at Brighton University with a valid parking pass.

The two incidents relate to my apparently being parked in one parking area which I wasn't entitled to, and the other to being 'parked in roadway'.

The latter relates to my squeezing my car into a space in the car park which wasn't intended as a parking space, but as there was no other available and I'd seen others do the same, I decided to park there.

It's odd that they've suddenly decided to pursue this but I wonder if they are purging their database of unpaid PCNs or they hold them until a certain point then escalate it?

This is my first post on this forum, so apologies if I've hijacked any one else's but thought if might be worth adding to this, as it seems like ZZPS may be purging their database of unpaid notices and perhaps just seeing what they can get. OR is there a shelf-life on unpaid PCNs and subsequent debt collection before it has to be escalated? (doubting that last point somewhat).

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

have you moved since this event

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

good as its been +3yrs

just sit on your hands

IF you eventually get a letter of/before claim from their fake solicitor pop back

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

nope

and they

ZZPS CANT pass anything on to anyone, they are uninterested third parties and so if they passed it on it would be a breach of the DPA. Basically it is just a threatogram designed to scare you into thinking that they somehow have some powers they dont. Ask yoursef why they are asking for £130 or whatever when the original charge was under £100. Answer is they are relying on your ignorance to make a few quid for themselves.

there is no mention of a fine because there never was a fine. Again they are reliant on your igniorance to read into this somehting that isnt there.

As DCS's can do nothing ignore them. If you do get a letter from the threatened solicitors come back here for further advice that may include complaint so the ICO and the Solicitors Regulation Authority

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

• 3 weeks later...

Letter from solicitor named QDR Solicitors has now appeared.

They state: 'We have been instructed by ZZPS Limited who are acting on behalf of Ethical Parking Management Ltd in connection with the recovery of a debt....'

Payment to be made within 14 days or it 'may result in us recommending to our client that we pass this matter over to our Litigation Department.

This may mean they will look to obtain a CCJ.'

Since when were solicitors allowed to become debt collectors?

As this now appears to be getting more serious what do you recommend as the next course of action, please?

PMSL, IMO I'd still be ignoring the clowns, not 100% sure who they really are, but scroll down the bottom of their site and make your own mind up.... https://www.qdrsolicitors.com/faq/

And believe me, there is NOTHING serious about this silly outfit, your only courseof action IMO is to continue ignoring them.

EB are these clowns Wright Hassel do you know?)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

totally ignore

don't respond unless you get a letter of claim

and they

title only

letter of claim or before claim

and they

and they

anyone can be a debt collector. Solicitors are at least regulated as far as being licenced to handle clients money so that way if they dont pay ther client you arent still liable. Any DCA that isnt registered with the FCA cant legally take deposits so if you pay them and they do a runner then YOU still owe the creditor the money. Seems massively unfair but it only goes to show what a bunch of chancers they really are.

Letter from solicitor named QDR Solicitors has now appeared.

They state: 'We have been instructed by ZZPS Limited who are acting on behalf of Ethical Parking Management Ltd in connection with the recovery of a debt....'

Payment to be made within 14 days or it 'may result in us recommending to our client that we pass this matter over to our Litigation Department.

This may mean they will look to obtain a CCJ.'

Since when were solicitors allowed to become debt collectors?

As this now appears to be getting more serious what do you recommend as the next course of action, please?