Lifestyle fitness/Credit Resolution Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there!

Used lifestyle gym for around 2 years cancelling my DD in February this year as I was no longer using it, knowing I was on a monthly rolling contract I thought this would be fine!

Have now received a letter from CRS that I owe them £120 plus £102.50 in fees?!?

Puzzled why I wasn't contacted after the first DD didn't hit their account?

Funnily enough I have been texted over a dozen times from the gym direct with various offers trying to get me to rejoin ?!? Lol

Trying to find out where I stand legally, my credit rating is flawless so do do not want to damage it in any way, can they enforce this in full and take it further?

Can understand maybe paying an extra month to cover the notice period that was not given but the fees they have quoted are crazy for what was a £15 monthly membership.

Was going to speak to the gym manager Monday to try and sort something but it might be out of their hands...

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

you have a rolling contract, that requires a 30 days cancellation notice

ideally you should have written to cancel membership then allowed the next payment.

there is no remit to charge any penalty fees, such fees are unlawful and unfair under FCA rules.

gym accounts are not reported to CRF providers

and no DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever

they ARE not BAILIFFS

gym

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi there and welcome to CAG

Please see my PM to you and reply to me.

Check other threads and you should find a draft that tells Harlands/CRS you cancelled the DD mandate but failed to give them 30 days notice as required so you now offer to pay a final month's fee to settle. The offer is valid for 14 days only and you will pay no admin fees on top.

Put your draft here for checking first if you want, before sending by post and getting a free Certificate of Posting at the PO Counter.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Further to the above :-

Dear Harlands/CRS,

Membership at Lifestyle Fitness Gym, [town/city]

I had been a member of the gym for 2 years but was not using the facility so I cancelled the DD mandate.

I now realise I should have given a month's notice before cancelling the DD mandate. Accordingly I am willing to pay for the final fee payable after giving notice to cancel.

I will not pay any admin fees to Harlands/CRS - such fees are unlawful and unenforceable.

Let me know your bank account details and payment reference within 14 days and I'll pay you.

If you fail to accept my offer within 14 days or demand any higher amount, my offer will be withdrawn and I reserve the right to cease communication with Harlands/CRS.

Yours faithfully,

Send this and get proof of postage as suggested in my last post.

:-)

Edited by slick132
underline heading

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)