Re: Harlands DD problem and admin fees

Brcr
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received an email from Harlands saying that my DD payment bounced because I had insufficient funds.

However, I clearly had enough funds in my bank account because I had consciously transferred the required funds into the account three days before the payment was due and I had not used the account since the transfer (my bank statement can verify this).

When I called Harlands, they informed me my sort code was incorrect, that this was my fault and therefore the administration fee cannot be waived.

Firstly, there was no avenue for me to check my sort code or details provided to JD Gyms (the gym membership I had signed up for) on their members page. Secondly, I had received an email from JD Gyms when I signed up that contained this statement:

'You have chosen to pay by monthly Direct Debit and we can confirm that the Direct Debit details provided by you are correct.'

I do not want to pay this administration fee of £15.

I believe it is unlawful to penalise a consumer this way when I had no notice of the alleged misinformation.

I do want to continue my membership at the gym.

For reference purposes, this is the relevant part of the email I received from Harlands:

Harlands administer the collection of all payments due under your agreement with JD Sports Gym. Your bank have advised us that your May instalment has been returned unpaid "refer to payer" as there were insufficient funds in the account to pay the amount due.

We will therefore debit your account on 29 MAY 18 for the total amount of £34.99 made up as follows:

Instalment Amount £19.99

Administration Fee £15.00

Total Due £34.99

Please advise. I sincerely appreciate any views on this. I feel terribly wronged.

no you don't have to pay them.

cancel the DD to stop them automatically taking them but pay the correct amount on the due day by bacs faster transfer

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Brcr and welcome to CAG

You now have your own new thread for your case to use from now on

Cancel the DD mandate immediately or Harlands will continue to try and use it to collect the m/ship fee AND their increasing admin fees. Do this now via your bank - you need not give the bank any reasons.

Don't worry about doing this = Harlands/CRS will do nothing as they are powerless chancers trying to bump up their fees whenever they can.

Let us know when the DD mandate has been cancelled.

Also, let us know if you WANT to continue with the m/ship at JD Gym or whether you're happier to get away from Harlands greedy ways. Either way, we can help you ditch the m/ship, or try to get it reinstated on YOUR terms via JD Gyms by contacting them.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks for your prompt reply! Makes me feel better knowing I'm not making a dumb/rash decision. How do I make a payment by bcas for the membership fees?

no you don't have to pay them.

cancel the DD to stop them automatically taking them but pay the correct amount on the due day by bacs faster transfer

Thanks for your prompt reply! How do I make payment via bacs?

Hi Brcr and welcome to CAG

You now have your own new thread for your case to use from now on

Cancel the DD mandate immediately or Harlands will continue to try and use it to collect the m/ship fee AND their increasing admin fees. Do this now via your bank - you need not give the bank any reasons.

Don't worry about doing this = Harlands/CRS will do nothing as they are powerless chancers trying to bump up their fees whenever they can.

Let us know when the DD mandate has been cancelled.

Also, let us know if you WANT to continue with the m/ship at JD Gym or whether you're happier to get away from Harlands greedy ways. Either way, we can help you ditch the m/ship, or try to get it reinstated on YOUR terms via JD Gyms by contacting them.

Thanks for your detailed reply! It sure is reassuring.

As an update, I did email JD Gyms and Harland to notify them that I did receive an email upon signing up with JD gyms that said that my direct debit details are correct.

As for now, I am contacting my bank to check about the direct debit set up and to cancel it (using Monzo bank - hopefully it won't be too much of a hassle).

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

goto your online portal and cancel the DD yourself

you don't need to ring them or anything.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, go online and cancel the DD mandate.

Let us know when this is done and we'll move on.

Make no contact with the Harlands or the gym.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)