Restaurant working

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter's been working in a local restaurant for the last few months as a waitress. She quite enjoys it, but last night was asked to work in the kitchens. She didn't mind, but has to change into whites to work in the kitchens, and its normally only male staff who work in there and they just get changed into whites in the corridor outside the kitchen. My daughter was expected to do the same, as they don't have proper changing areas. Do others think this is acceptable, or should she have kicked up a fuss?

I take it its a small place. Yes in the ideal world there should be changing rooms and lockers but in the real world it doesn't happen.

She could of gone to the female toilets for some privacy, just like the males can do if they want to.

I did mention about going to the toilets to change, but there's only one toilet for all staff, its too small and they don't like staff leaving the kitchen area in their whites for hygiene reasons. Apparently the men have always just got changed in the corridor, no one has ever minded before and its always just been accepted practice. But my daughter was obviously just a bit shy having to get undressed, but hopefully it won't happen too often!

If the management dont like the staff leaving thekitchen for hygiene reasons, how do they go to the toilet?

Use the customer toilet (female)

If management kick up a fuss tell them to provide private changing facilites.

A corridor is not acceptable for a changing room.

Many moons ago when i was a young boy i worked in a similar situation and when the only two girls had to get changed we would leave the kitchen for a few minutes so they could get ready.

At the end of the shift they would change in the toilet.

She could ask to do the same, after all it's only a couple of minutes.

Thanks for people's responses. Unfortunately she can't travel to and from work in whites, and anyway doesn't know if she's expected to work in the kitchen until she's at work anyway. Hopefully it won't happen too often!