Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    edd78 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jul 2012

Default Master cylinder never got replaced when it should have

I took my car took to the garage to get the master cylinder replaced on the clutch and when I got phoned to say that may car was ready I was surprised to see the clutch pedal low down like near the floor. And when I went back in to speak to the service manager I got told that Vauxhall only wanted to replace the clutch pipe and elbow..i asked why wasn't the master cylinder not replaced as that's what I got told was wrong with the car..he says Vauxhall wanted to see how that worked first.. so I drove away from the garage as never says anything about if it was safe to drive..so anyways 10 mins when on motorway and when I tried to select a gear when slowing down I couldn't select another gear and having to keep lifting the pedal of the floor with my feet and whilst trying to engage a gear with great difficulty

Gold Account Holder Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger's Avatar

Cagger since : Nov 2008

Default Re: Master cylinder never got replaced when it should have

you tested the car on a motorway? was not the best idea to test any car, but obviously you need to get back to the garage and take no nonsense from them, and make a formal complaint if they try and side step the issue? see what others state.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    edd78 Novitiate

Cagger since : Jul 2012

Default Re: Master cylinder never got replaced when it should have

Hi thanks for the reply
    I've raised a complaint with Vauxhall and Arnold Clark.like the dealership did want the master cylinder replaced well so they say. But the fact they says well order the part after I said to them the attempted repair didn't work. And let me go on my way if I know it was going to be dangerous to drive the car then I would've left it there..

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details