Master cylinder never got replaced when it should have

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took my car took to the garage to get the master cylinder replaced on the clutch and when I got phoned to say that may car was ready I was surprised to see the clutch pedal low down like near the floor. And when I went back in to speak to the service manager I got told that Vauxhall only wanted to replace the clutch pipe and elbow..i asked why wasn't the master cylinder not replaced as that's what I got told was wrong with the car..he says Vauxhall wanted to see how that worked first.. so I drove away from the garage as never says anything about if it was safe to drive..so anyways 10 mins when on motorway and when I tried to select a gear when slowing down I couldn't select another gear and having to keep lifting the pedal of the floor with my feet and whilst trying to engage a gear with great difficulty

you tested the car on a motorway? was not the best idea to test any car, but obviously you need to get back to the garage and take no nonsense from them, and make a formal complaint if they try and side step the issue? see what others state.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Hi thanks for the reply

I've raised a complaint with Vauxhall and Arnold Clark.like the dealership did want the master cylinder replaced well so they say. But the fact they says well order the part after I said to them the attempted repair didn't work. And let me go on my way if I know it was going to be dangerous to drive the car then I would've left it there..