Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    maclarke Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : May 2018

Exclamation UKCPM Windscreen PCN - Vista Centre, Salisbury Road, Hounsow, Hounslow TW4 6JQ

Hello all.

Apologies for yet another UKCPM parking fine question. But I would like specific help if you are able to. I would be very grateful.

I went to a place called the vista centre and it took me about 30 mins to pay for parking.

I arrived at Vista Point at approximately 14:30 for a 14:45 appointment.

The site had a ridiculous payment system (via installing an app or calling an automated number - where the computer didnít recognise my voice) and caused me to almost miss a Drug and Alcohol test for a new job. Not easy for any user to pay for parking. No cash option was displayed.

I called and downloaded the app, but both systems were not able to process my payment after several attempts.

Eventually, I found the only parking machine and paid using cash (for 1hour). It was the only 1 on site, which was not displayed or obvious.

I have email evidence and complaints to the drug and alcohol test company for not informing me of the difficulty.

Anyway, I undertook my Drug & Alcohol test, which overran due to my being late to pay for parking. (Also, you are not allowed to leave the room until the test in finished).

Not being able to use the app or leave the room during my test, I could not extend my parking duration. I therefore returned to my car approximately 10-11 minutes after my ticket expired - finding a £60 charge.

Without knowing about private parking fines, I wrote to UKCPM to appeal and they said I need to appeal to IAS. Which I did - I also wrote back to UKCPM to tell them I wanted to appeal (this was done within 7 days).

I also registered with IAS and for some reason they said (im not sure if I did or not) confirm my email address, therefore the appeal can no longer go ahead.

1) Should I pay the fine?
    2) I write to them showing my address (and email). Is it too late?
    3) If they write back, can I just write "Return to Sender, the Recipient no longer lives here" and forget about the claim?

Many thanks,
    matt

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: UKCPM Windscreen PCN - Vista Centre, Salisbury Road, Hounsow, Hounslow TW4 6JQ

Can i ask you where they state this is a fine please?

Please co mplete this
    https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u...Parking-Ticket

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    maclarke Novitiate

Default Re: UKCPM Windscreen PCN - Vista Centre, Salisbury Road, Hounsow, Hounslow TW4 6JQ

Hi dx.

it doesnt say fine.

It says "parking chargeicon Notice"

I'll answer your questions in the next reply

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    maclarke Novitiate

Answer to your questions:

1 The date of infringement[s]? - 12th March 2018

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? Y

I cannot uploadicon to this site until i've posted 10 times (apparently)

has there been a response?
    please post it up as well, suitably redacted. [as a PDFicon- follow the upload guide] - Yes...only to my first letter appealing the charge (at the moment)

If you haven't appealed yet - ,.........

have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days]
    what date is on it
    Did the NTK provide photographic evidence? Yes

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?] N

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK,
    did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process? Y- using the IAS
    [it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances]

5 Who is the parking company? UKCPM

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Vista Centre, Houslow. Location Code: 565

Current documents / communication with UKCPM

Answer to your questions (UPDATED):

For a windscreen ticket (Notice To Driver) please answer the following questions....

1 The date of infringement? 12th March 2018

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? Y

if you have then please post up whatever you sent and how you sent it and the date you sent it,
    suitably redacted. Now Uploaded - see PDFicon

has there been a response? Y
    please post it up as well, suitably redacted. See PDF

If you haven't appealed yet Ė n/a

have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days]
    what date is on it
    Did the NTK provide photographic evidence? n/a

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?] N

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK,
    did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process?
    [it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances] My response (not NTK) mentioned IAS appeal service

5 Who is the parking company? UKCPM

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Vista Centre, Salisbury Road, Hounsow, Hounslow TW4 6JQ

1 - UKCPM - Vista Centre.pdf

Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: UKCPM Windscreen PCN - Vista Centre, Salisbury Road, Hounsow, Hounslow TW4 6JQ

thread tidied
    thank you for taking the time to make things clearer
    there is a +10mins grace period that applies to all private parking spacing..
    I would not be responding further until advised

shame you Id'd yourself in you appeal
    for next time
    always remember use the words 'the driver' never I me etc in first party mode making nya reply or appeal

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    maclarke Novitiate

Default Re: UKCPM Windscreen PCN - Vista Centre, Salisbury Road, Hounsow, Hounslow TW4 6JQ

thank you for that.

Your comments have been noted if it happens again.

I'll let you know if they reply.

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

never appeal these charges until you have taken advice on the lawfulness of the demand and what to say if anything.

Also NEVER appeal a screen ticket, you make them wait and issue a NTK as that gives them futher hurdles to jump and the normally gte that wrong.

So, they will reject your appeal and chase you for the mopney so we need to see the signage at the site to have something heavier to clobber them with, your troubles should be enough but it is always better to arm youself for any eventuality

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details