Smart Parking Charges - Haven Banks Retail Park - Exeter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I'm new to this site.

I received a parking charge notice of £90 for parking there on the 27th April 2018.

I only received it today, and it says I need to pay this by 28th May 2018.

I'm not sure what to do about this as I think its quite excessive, and from what I have read elsewhere, they are not the council so can not "fine" me.

However, I would like some advice from here as to what I should do about something like this? the penalty is under my mum's name, but it was me who had taken the car to Exeter.

I've attached the letter they sent me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Amit

5ddc3f5a-069d-4325-ac70-b1bbd62a24a2.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hey, thanks.

Apologies for not using that

1 Date of the infringement - 27/04/18

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] - 14/05/18

3 Date received - 17/05/18

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] No?

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? - Yes, 2 pictures with my number plate and time stamps

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal] - No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up - N/A

7 Who is the parking company? Smart Parking

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] - Heavens Bank Retail Park, Exeter

Oh look they stuffed themselves already...out of time they had 14 days....:lol:

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ignore it for now, let them keep sending deforestation through the post and wasting money, you just can't teach that level of stupidity!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

they sent it too late to create a keeper liability. Smart have a lot of bother at this site, their equipment doesnt work and they cant be bothered to fix it. see any post on this place and you will ahve some arguments to put forward ( whether they exactly match yours or not) should you need to. They usually give up once they know that you know they are just useless lazy bandits.

a complaint to the landowner for letting such a bunch of incompetents loose would be in order. You will ahve to ask the council who owns the land (or Valuations Agency) the tell the LL that you are minded to sue them for the breach of the DPA by their SERVANTS and you are not the only person in this position and more pertinently what are they going to do about it. Let them know the local papers have already got a story from another CAG member and may will be speaking to them after you get your reply.

The LL may well have words with Smart and your demand will be dropped but I bet they wont be forced to consider other past sins

Use the term I am the keeper of this vehicle rather than saying I was driving my car etc. If they dont kick Smart in the pants then you will have saved yourself from any liability due to smart failing to follow the protocols of the POFA so dont give that advantage away.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Hi

I just had to refresh myself with this site. I have seen two or three other stories regarding this place.

As the others have said. Ignoring is the best option however, if you are up for some fun, you could appeal but make sure that you never mention who the driver was as if you did, they could then take action for up to 6 years so just say 'The Driver'

They know they are out of time but they hope that you don't. Don't mention the fact they are out of time, just say something like 'inadequate signing' or something like that. I remember the Parking Prankster used many silly excuses just to wind up the parking companies. When (Not so) Smart Parking reject your appeal (every operator does this) you will get a POPLA code which then costs SP money so not only do they get nothing from you, they have to pay for the privilege of an appeal :razz:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You can quite safely ignore Desperate Recovery Plus to your hearts content. Mere paper tigers :wink:

You'll get 3 or 4 of these, with the last one reducing their inflated charge to £129 or, in one case of mine £80. Bargain! Not.

They've still not seen a single penny of mine :lol:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Ask yourself why it is now £160?

What lawful reason does a third party that has no interest or agency in this matter have to bump the bill up when the law is quite specific on this?

Answer- NONE whatsoever.

They just rely on you not knowing that a dca has no rights whatsoever and doesnt exist in law anyway

but will think htat they are somehow the same as a court appointed bailiff and be panicked into paying up.

In other words they are a non existent bogeyman trying to mislead you into believeing they are real

Hey guys, a letter from the DRP has arrived now with the charge moving up to £160.

Keep ignoring it?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the reply, these guys seem to enjoy wasting their paper.

Sent me another letter saying that I have until the 27th of this month to pay the debt or court action will be taken.

This letter came through. 🙄 given 14 days to pay this. 🤔👎🏼

You can quite safely ignore Desperate Recovery Plus to your hearts content. Mere paper tigers :wink:

You'll get 3 or 4 of these, with the last one reducing their inflated charge to £129 or, in one case of mine £80. Bargain! Not.

They've still not seen a single penny of mine :lol:

Haha, I must say, these guys are persistent though.

Although they clearly have no interest on the environment with all this paper wasting!

F9C9B12C-8BDF-4B49-BE23-9471D8C76D62.jpeg

no it doesn't say WILL read it PROPERLY!!

and they

had to hide that attachment

you've left barcodes and ref numbers showing

PDF please read UPLOAD

and they

coming back every couiple of months to ask for advice on their taradiddles is not the way to approach this, you need to learn about how these companies operate, what their actual powers are and to make sure that you read everything that is written very carefully and that goes for advice given as well.

they choose their words carefully so anyone reading their letters will get the impression that somehting terrible is about to happen when that is not the case and it is not what they are threatening either.

also ask yourself WHY the amount claimed has jumperd to £160? The answer is becauise peopel who dont read things properlyy will pay that amount without question.

If it was say £200 they would query it and a million quid? they would definitely not pay up. that doesnt change the law though, they cna only claim the original £100 or whatever and that is set in law.

They dont tell you because if you dont knoew already then tough, you may get milked for a bit more.

Edited by DragonFly1967
spacing

• 1 month later...

Have a look at the bottom of the letter. Zenith are DR+ with a different dress on!

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE