Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    aganatra19 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : May 2018

Default Smart Parking Charges - Haven Banks Retail Park - Exeter

Hi there,

I'm new to this site.

I received a parking chargeicon notice of 90 for parking there on the 27th April 2018.

I only received it today, and it says I need to pay this by 28th May 2018.
    I'm not sure what to do about this as I think its quite excessive, and from what I have read elsewhere, they are not the council so can not "fine" me.

However, I would like some advice from here as to what I should do about something like this? the penalty is under my mum's name, but it was me who had taken the car to Exeter.

I've attached the letter they sent me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Amit

Attached Images
    Follows
    Following

Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Cagger since : Nov 2009

Default Re: Smart Parking Charges - Haven Banks Retail Park - Exeter

Hello and welcome to CAGicon.

Could you let us have the information requested in the forum sticky please?

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u...-Viewing)-nbsp

Best, HB

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Not so smart parking
    Plenty of threads here already

https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=part...ter&gsc.page=1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    aganatra19 Novitiate

Hey, thanks.

Apologies for not using that

1 Date of the infringement[s] - 27/04/18

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] - 14/05/18

3 Date received - 17/05/18

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] No?

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? - Yes, 2 pictures with my number plate and time stamps

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal] - No
    Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up - N/A

7 Who is the parking company? Smart Parking

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] - Heavens Bank Retail Park, Exeter

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Oh look they stuffed themselves already...out of time they had 14 days....

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    aganatra19 Novitiate

I just realised my poor attempt to redact the information. Was using the phone for this.

The fact they issued the notice more than 14 days means I should ignoreicon it?

Royalties Account Holder Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2008

Blog Entries

ignoreicon it for now, let them keep sending deforestation through the post and wasting money, you just can't teach that level of stupidity!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!
    HOW DO I START A NEW THREAD?

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    aganatra19 Novitiate

Thanks guys, I’ll leave it for now then.

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

they sent it too late to create a keeper liability. Smart have a lot of bother at this site, their equipment doesnt work and they cant be bothered to fix it. see any post on this place and you will ahve some arguments to put forward ( whether they exactly match yours or not) should you need to. They usually give up once they know that you know they are just useless lazy bandits.

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

a complaint to the landowner for letting such a bunch of incompetents loose would be in order. You will ahve to ask the council who owns the land (or Valuations Agency) the tell the LL that you are minded to sue them for the breach of the DPA by their SERVANTS and you are not the only person in this position and more pertinently what are they going to do about it. Let them know the local papers have already got a story from another CAGicon member and may will be speaking to them after you get your reply.

The LL may well have words with Smart and your demand will be dropped but I bet they wont be forced to consider other past sins

Use the term I am the keeper of this vehicle rather than saying I was driving my car etc. If they dont kick Smart in the pants then you will have saved yourself from any liability due to smart failing to follow the protocols of the POFA so dont give that advantage away.

Follows
    Following

Site Team silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961's Avatar

Cagger since : Oct 2008

Hi
    I just had to refresh myself with this site. I have seen two or three other stories regarding this place.

As the others have said. Ignoring is the best option however, if you are up for some fun, you could appeal but make sure that you never mention who the driver was as if you did, they could then take action for up to 6 yearsicon so just say 'The Driver'

They know they are out of time but they hope that you don't. Don't mention the fact they are out of time, just say something like 'inadequate signing' or something like that. I remember the Parking Prankster used many silly excuses just to wind up the parking companies. When (Not so) Smart Parking reject your appeal (every operator does this) you will get a POPLAicon code which then costs SP money so not only do they get nothing from you, they have to pay for the privilege of an appeal

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.
    Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor
    Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details