Purchased Merc Which was advertised as full main dealer history but didn't have

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

We purchased a used Mercedes about 2 months ago, and it was advertised as having full main dealer history.

We recently serviced it at a main dealer and it came to light that it doesn't have. Main dealer history however it seems to have been done at decent garages as it shows on merc systems that the services have been done when required.

I have taken this up with the dealer I purchased it from and they have offered £150 to settle the complaint. The vehicle is a 2014 plate. I have a recording of the call when I enquired about the car and v they said it had full main dealer merc history and also a copy of the video they made for me to see before I went to view it which also says full main dealer history on there too.

Would this be classed as mis selling and should I / could I go for more than £150?

You have to find out the difference in price between full main dealer history and backstreet garages history.

Then you ask for that price plus a bit more for having lied to you.

If they don't play ball, reject the car and tell them you want a full refund.

Anyhow, they told you that the car had fsh without showing you any documentation.

I would have walked away, why didn't you?

You have to find out the difference in price between full main dealer history and backstreet garages history.

Then you ask for that price plus a bit more for having lied to you.

If they don't play ball, reject the car and tell them you want a full refund.

Anyhow, they told you that the car had fsh without showing you any documentation.

I would have walked away, why didn't you?

They showed us the service history printouts and were on Mercedes headed paper so we kind of trusted them.

The dealership is a big dealership with many mercedes and BMW dealerships etc so you would think the info they gave sad correct.

How do we find out the value of the history?

You should certainly find out the difference between a vehicle with a full history and one without.

I also think you need to calculate the difference in value between your vehicle as it is and if it was returned to the dealer so that it had one extra owner.

It may well be that you are entitled to reject the vehicle because it is not as described. The dealer would then have to take into account the reduction in value because he would then have a vehicle on his hands which should have an extra owner and extra mileage.

I think these considerations would prompt the dealer to offer much better than £150 which I think is a derisory figure anyway.

Who is the dealer and how much money did you pay?

Are you saying that they showed you a falsified service history?

Have you got a copy?

The dealer is inchape.

No not falsified copy but it seems as though maybe a duplicate copy of the history was printed at a mercedes dealer that's all.

So from reading the original post, The car still has a full service history, Just not a main dealer service history

For its service history to be on Mercedes's system, Then it must have been serviced at a Mercedes approved garage using original parts

i doubt there would be a huge price difference, Perhaps £50 a service