Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : May 2018

A guy came to the home address and caught my partner unawares and served it on her

Guys sorry ive been away for quite a while, a member of my family is very ill.

The latest is this, our second court hearing was adjourned,
    saying we need to get a UAE law expert in to help decide if the UAE law is enforceable for this debt in this country.

From what ive read and researched this doesnt seem the case
    but they are now trying to pressure us into making a settlement payment including a contributionicon to their costs !!!.

We dont have the money to pay for a law expert or the settlement
    im wondering whether to just see where they take it ?

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Follows
    Following

Default Re: Debt from Dubai being chased by CWD

did they ever couch up proof of the debt anyway?
    i'd let things run.

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : May 2018

Yes they had a copy of the agreement my partner had signed in Dubai

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Oct 2018

Would a UK law expert not be better as a UAE law expert couldnt say if this was enforced in the UK? They only know UAE law? Not UK law (not sure Iím making sense) but this makes no sense really? Itís only a foreign judgement that UK law could enforce?

better to keep to your own thread SP.

dx

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

law not extra-territorial but if you dotn fight SD then the scheming lawyers can win by default as they can in any other civil claim.
    It is not the judges job to determine what is fair, courts replace trial by combat so if you turn up at a sword fight without a sword you may well be correct but you wont win.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3