Refund letter from Arrow Global

JJ22
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I received a letter from Arrow Global saying they have reviewed my account and I am due a refund of over £800.

They say to ring to arrange the process of the refund. It is an 0333 number so I am considering ringing to find out what it relates to as, as far as I know I have not had dealings with Arrow although over the years I am aware that my debts have been transferred to other agencies

. I know there have been lots of threads relating to Arrow and similar DCAs contacting people about debt collection but nothing mentions refunds.

I am not sure if it is a [problem] but if at some point I have overpaid I would like to get the money back.

Has anyone had any experience of this?

Go look at your credit file

Who owns your debts?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

there was a court case a couple of years back where they were forced to refund monies they had overcharged customers. They dont know who and how much so they are offering monies to those they believe to be affected. They might owe you more than this if you were paying off a big debt or it may be an overpayment. Either way, it is a settlement figure for past wrongs and probably easier to accept than to calculate the actual sum.

I wuldnt be phoning them, just write and state that you want a cheque sending to your address as already noted and you will let them off the rest of the money. If they then get funny tell them it is FCA time!