style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2140 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I rang marstons again yesterday in a last ditch attempt to come to an arrangement and was told it needs to be paid in full and I need to speak to tgd bailiff direct.

I emphasised the fact my son has no assets, lives at home no job but in full time education and the lady told me they would still pursue.

Am I right in saying I can go back to marstons then and say that because my son is 17 they cannot enforce the debt and I can quote that this?

Is there such a letter I can send to marstons and SBC quoting that this is illegal and they cannot enforce the debt!

I seem to be banging my head against a brick wall at the moment all of the info given is fantastic but they will not agree to anything.

I need something to slap them with!

Thanks all

Pointless talking to them on the phone as they will not deviate from their script. Don't ask - tell them what they will get, you are the one in control.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sorry tthat was my bad

I tried to sort the linkfor you and iit looks like it didn't attach again.

here the link you posted

http://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/SN07032/SN07032.pdf

Thank you for trying dx100uk. The URL still does not work-one way of seeing it is to type each individual word into the search box. However I have at last managed to copy the relevant entry from the House of Commons Library sheet-

Under the age of 18 a person cannot be held responsible for any debt that they owe. If an under 18 year old enters into an unenforceable contract and refuses to pay, the court may order them to return the goods or property received. /COLOR]

Furthermore in the Taking Control of Goods Act 2013 it states

Circumstances in which the enforcement agent may not take control of goods

10.—(1) The enforcement agent may not take control of goods of the debtor where—

(a)

the debtor is a child;

It is also the case that except where a parent has signed as guarantor, a parent is not liable for their children's debts.

It would appear therefore Savannah that bailiffs should not be chasing your son. He has not the money and they cannot take control of his goods by Law. And they should not try and take your goods to pay the debt either.

Over to the experts.