Need advice. local authority forced my tenant to move out

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A local authority own a house adjoining mine and they had to carry out major structural work to their property. I was subsequently forced to move my tenant out to temporary accommodation for 3 months.

I was in the process of putting on a new roof to my property. I then had to put on a temporary roof covering because it was agreed with the authority that there was no point putting on the new roof as they had to demolish and rebuild the adjoining party wall which was above my roof.

It took the local council 21 months to sort their issues out from start finish.

I wish to recover all my costs which amount to several thousand pounds. The temporary roof covering turned out to not be temporary at all plus we had loss of rents. Due to all the councils delays we incurred alot of hours travelling to the property for meetings where sometimes no one turned up.

I really would be grateful if there is anyone who could help me . The stress for my tenant and myself has been awful. Thank you.

Have you approached the LA at all regarding your costs?

Who are they?

IMO the first thing to do would be to open up a dialogue with them, and then show them the evidence of your losses.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi thanks for your response. Yes I am sending the local authority a bill in the next day or so. I have evidence but I thought it would be best to wait till they request it ?

Is it possible to private message you ? I'm new to the forum

OK if you don't wish to divulge have a look on their website and see what it says about taking civil action against them or making a claim for damages.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!