Lowell - Accounts closed, now writing to me should I respond?,

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I’m a little confused by a letter I received this morning from Lowell.

I’ve not heard from them since last year when after a bit of going back and fourth they stopped legal proceedings against me regarding a credit card account.

They’ve randomly sent me a letter asking me to contact them!

The issue i have is the accounts they have listed, 2 have been closed but them I have the letters stating so and that no further action would be required.

The other 3 are in dispute and they have not fullfilled my CCA requests on those 3 at all.

They would be statue barred next year so im wondering if I should ignore and wait or remind them that the accounts are in dispute or have been closed!

Going to root for the paperwork.

I’ve also noticed that they have written to me under my previous married name. Ive been divorced for almost a drcade now and dont use the name on any current accounts.

Checking my credit file it would seem that one of my current lenders has put it on my file as an alias...

Any advice would be appreciated. It's very frustrating as i thought this was all done with! :-(

Edited by STSmiley
Spelling ��

*-*-*-*-*STSmiley*-*-*-*-*

" They would be statue barred next year so Im wondering if I should ignore "

Correct

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

" They would be statue barred next year so Im wondering if I should ignore "

Correct

Andy

Thanks for the reassurance! I will file and wait for more threatening letters before I start to panic :wink:.

Oops, not all will be statue barred. The credit card according to the paperwork I have... Last Payment was 11/12/2014 which seems wrong as I was in hospital having just given birth and rather ill at that point. I was very sick and cant remember making these payments to them. But as stated before 2 accounts are closed. Im going to continue to look for paperwork and come back and post so that the whole picture is available.

I want to make sure I'm not messing things up.

Check out the one in question...dont believe a payment was made until you have fully investigated......research Lowell and phantom payments

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

“We note all your comments and have investigated the matter. We consider that there is sufficient evidence to confirm liability for this debt and that the balance is due and owing. however, with a view to resolving this matter quickly and simply, we have decided to take no further action to recover this balance and will close your account”

So they lied then? As i am quoting exactly what is written in the letter...

I’m still going through paper work I have SEN children so i have an enourmous amount of paperwork!

I've just located one the last letter about one of the mobile accounts which I have quoted above.

• 4 weeks later...
“We note all your comments and have investigated the matter. We consider that there is sufficient evidence to confirm liability for this debt and that the balance is due and owing. however, with a view to resolving this matter quickly and simply, we have decided to take no further action to recover this balance and will close your account”

So they lied then? As i am quoting exactly what is written in the letter...

I’m still going through paper work I have SEN children so i have an enourmous amount of paperwork!

I've just located one the last letter about one of the mobile accounts which I have quoted above.

All that means is Lowell closed that one account, perhaps sent it back to the creditor who will probably pass it to another debt collection agency, or later pass it back to Lowell again to collect. You will note the letter at no point states you don't owe money, and only goes as far as saying they will close your account--not that it can't reopen.