• Tweets

• Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • i think theres been MORE than amble evidence of that and am astonished that criminal proceedings haven't begun.
    • Yep, those 'requirements' not met to shareholders satisfaction seem to me to be: 1. Not being allowed to increase customer bills by 40% (of which well over 50% of the new total would NOT be investment) 2. 1 plus regulators not agreeing to letting them do 'things in their own time (ie carry on regardless)
    • As already mentioned freely available "credit scores" are fairly useless. All lenders have their own "credit scoring" system, that for obvious reasons they don't divulge. And they're "scored" differently to the freely available ones. As soon as they could, we've always encouraged our two children to use credit cards responsibly... Pay off in full, etc, to generate good history. It's paid off. At quite young ages, they have both obtained loans for cars, mortgage and their credit card limits are through the roof. Personally, I have shifted debt around a lot on credit cards (even financed a house purchase once at 0% 😉) and I've only ever been refused a credit card once, sorry twice by the same company, over many years. They must have something very different in their lending criteria. You're a tight one, Mr Branson.
    • Hi DX - quick question, what is the bank likely to do when they get my letter of change of address ? also what is the worst they can do? thanks J1L
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Very old LLoyds Business bank loan 1991

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2073 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, need some advice on where and what to do next on my fathers ppi claim.

The claim relates to a TSB 40,000 pound business loan my father started in approx 1991.

We have the account no from old 1994/95 bank statements showing he was paying about 500/600 per month for the loan.

At first Lloyd’s stated that they could not locate the loan, then they said they located the loan account but no proof/record of ppi

So I did a SAR, (copied off this site)they have just sent back the cheques stating they do not keep records this long and they can find nothing.

Is the standard of proof on me to prove the existence of PPI or is it for them to prove there was not.

What’s my next step please.....Thanks in advance for any help and advice

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

For how long did the loan run?

Please can you post up the letter which says that they can't find ppi

Thanks guys really appreciate you taking the time to reply and supply info

The loan was over 10 but was settled in full early after 8 years.

I will arrange over the the next day or two to get a copy of the letter uploaded.

Thanks again bankfodder’, Dx.

Yes please.

It could be important

Thank you.

I was hoping it would be a slightly different letter. Lloyds have been sending letters out claiming that they have investigated all of their historical and archival records and found nothing. These letters have always been untrue and in fact they were criticised by the FCA for sending them out and warned not to send them. However they have continued sending them.

Well they are asking you for further information and they are also suggesting you can go to the ombudsman.

Are you going to send them the further information that they want?

Hi bankfodder, thanks again I have a couple more letters that hopefully you can see,

although I’m not good at this type of thing,

we did respond to first letter and supplied bank statements and account numbers business names.

Please let me know if the other letters do not appear for you to look at.

docs1.pdf

can you pop your images upload into one pdf please and attach so we can then read them and zoom

read upload

ive done the pdf for you in post 8

please read the PM I've sent

• Confused 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

First of all, I'm not convinced that any of these banks don't have records earlier then for instance, 2001. We know that the NatWest and the RBS have archives going back at least until 1994. About 10 years ago I met and interviewed a woman who was an archivist for Abbey National then Abbey eventually Santander. She told me that they keep all their records going back to 1933. She said that they were paper records and then in the 1960s they move to microfiche and then eventually to electronic records. Apparently they have/had an archive centre in Leighton Buzzard. I don't know if it still exists.

However, there must be lots of clients with important business going back well before 2001 and I know that Lloyds are habitual liars. I know of at least three SAR breaches that they have committed and also lies from them about the nonexistence of PPI accompanied by misleading letters claiming to have searched for their archives. They were even criticised for this by the FCA in 2015 – but yet they continued to do this. I have a copy of an identical letter criticised by the FCA which was sent to me in 2017.

Of course I could be wrong – maybe they really have destroyed everything – but I doubt it.

One comment which stands out for me in their letter of 23 March which you have posted is that they refer uniquely to their electronic records and they are essentially saying that as the information you are looking for predates the electronic records, they haven't been able to carry out a proper search – or maybe no search at all.

They talk in terms of a general duty to delete information – but they don't specifically say that your information has been deleted.

What one really needs is a way to discover if they maintain a microfiche archive or a paper archive somewhere. I would expect that records at least from 1970 onwards to 2001 would have been kept on microfiche.

I don't trust Lloyds bank – and I think anyone who does is a fool. Lloyds routinely break the law in terms of data breaches, mis-selling of products, the use of deceptive/misleading letters. Why is it they are suddenly so squeakyclean now?

• Confused 1

Thanks again you guys for helping me out and your lengthy response bankfodder, i hear and agree what you are saying, but where does that leave me now, have i got a next step.... what do you suggest?

To me it sounds as though data before August 2001 is not stored in a "relevant filing system" (a definition from the DPA) and therefore is not easily searchable. As such they require more context and information in order to locate such data.

Thanks again you guys for helping me out and your lengthy response bankfodder, i hear and agree what you are saying, but where does that leave me now, have i got a next step.... what do you suggest?

One of the letters suggests that the business was a partnership. Does the other partner have any records? Or information that would help Lloyds with tracing?

Also, it looks as though you sent the SAR to their Andover address. You may wish to try the equivalent team within their Commercial Banking arm:

Commercial Banking DSAR Team

Lloyds Banking Group

1st Floor East

Tower House

Charterhall Drive

Chester

CH88 3AN

• Haha 1

This is an extremely interesting point and a very good suggestion indeed.

Also, thank you very much indeed for this new DSAR address. This is the kind of thing that generally speaking Lloyds tends not to publicise very much.

Under the new GDPR regime, they would be obliged to cascade the request to all of the departments and entities within the group. Under the present SAR system, if you don't target your SAR correctly then Lloyds/data controller would be legally justified in not responding with a full disclosure.

As I have said previously, they are thoroughly dishonest – but of course so are the rest of them.

Swinterton, I think you should take out the suggestion of sending an SAR specifically to the commercial DSAR team and see what that produces. However, send it on 25th May.

Also, I think that your SAR should specifically ask them to identify any sources or archives which they have not searched because they feel that it could be disproportionate. Ask them also whether there are any paper or microfiche archives in existence which may contain your data but which they have not searched.

What a nuisance one has to try and be so canny all the time with these people.

Thank you St Jane for chipping in, that sounds like a good plan. Yes, it was a joint venture/business but i have provided them with all names DOB and addresses going back 30 years for the both of them, i don't think there is anything else i could provide....nat ins numbers maybe, i could try that.

Bankfodder - i will do as you suggested, i am going to type up a new SAR with the alterations and specific questions tonight then get it to my mother and father to sign and in the post for tomorrow.

i will keep you guys posted with any updates, and once again thank you for taking the time to respond

• 2 months later...

Hi st Jane and bank fodder, it’s taken a while but I have got another reply ref old ppi/accounts with tsb’ still no good it would seem as they do not keep records any longer than 10 years . Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks guys

read upload please

one multipage PDF only please

thread tidied

and they