Harlands/crs gym membership battle!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey Guys in a ongoing battle

Going back few months now with harlands over the head of cancelled membership of a gym!

Last July 6th months pregnant I verbally informed a member of the gym to freeze my account until after the baby was born.

My gym membership is a 30 day rolling contract btw.

Wasn’t until Feb of this year that I realised that the money was still

Coming out of account

I rang the gym who told me to put it In an email which I did and sent it off In March still had no response from The gym

I went to the bank who claimed back the money under the indemnity scheme.

Then the letters started from Harlands,

immediately I rang them and explained the situation and forwarded them the email I sent to the gym in February. They were to look into It and get back to me.

I got a letter to say that as harlands hasn’t heard from me the amount owed had now risen and was being referred to a debt collection agency.

messages started coming to contact this number

I rang harlands again and explained again and they told me it was now passed to Crs who I just rang this morning and they were just shouting at me that I should have contacted them as it states in the terms and conditions and I breached these conditions

I am liable for all the money and they are starting court proceedings for the 180 I claimed back and 25 for administration fee and I don’t even know what else he as shouting.

I thought no this isn’t on this is the gyms fault

I just rang them this morning, turns out I spelt the girls name incorrectly that I emailed, but she also said that I should have left a letter to say I wanted to freeZe my account,

this wasn’t told to me at the time however they were happy to verbally take my notice. But now start stating I should have done this and that when that day they were fine accepting that I wanted to freeze it was a 30 day Rolling contract

, I wasn’t tied into any contract

What should I do It’s such a mess and the messages and phone calls are unbearable

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Here's some tips:

read our customer services guide. Implement the advice there – and never, never deal with any company on the telephone ever again without recording the call – ever again.

Don't rely on word-of-mouth to do anything – especially to cancel contracts. Always follow up in writing.

In respect of this particular problem, set out exactly the situation in writing, send it to Harland's and tell them that if they want to take it any further you're happy to meet them in court.

If you get any more trouble then come here

Simply ignore them

There is nothing they can do

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Sunshine and welcome to CAG

A few more details would be good to see how you can best tell Harlands/CRS to back off.

1. Date your DD was normally paid to Harlands each month.

2. Date you told the gym you need to freeze (cancel) your m/ship due to pregnancy.

3. Date your last DD payment was paid (and not reclaimed under the DD Guarantee Scheme) to Harlands.

In the meantime, ignore all demands from Harlands/CRS (and maybe The Zinc Group in the future) until we're able to advise you properly.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Oh, and stop calling the gym - they'll not help you at all.

Call no one and, if anyone calls you, hang up !!

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)