Out of my comfort zone UKMotors Ltd. Watton, Norfolk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My 'lovely' middle child bought a second hand Vauxhall Zafira from UK Motors Ltd based in Watton Norfolk. The car is faulty.

Despite many phone calls, where the boss was not available (hmm!) and various emails, they have not responded whatsoever so it looks like Letter Before Action time. The problem is, I don't know if I need to give them 30 days to respond or 14 days which it used to be.

I have no problems sorting MCOL out but I will be supporting my daughter through the court process if needed.

Just to add. I have set an alert with Companies House against this company just in case they try to either change their name or liquidate.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

14 days. 30 days is the debt protocol to be used by debt collectors

Thank you kind sir, I thought as much but I wanted to make sure I was right with the 14 days. I will let my daughter know later.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

• 3 weeks later...

A small update on this matter. (and a huge cock up by me)

After trying to contact the company via email, telephone, recorded delivery letters, they have ignored everything so in my opinion, they have abdicated their opportunity to one chance to repair. My daughter formally rejected the car and took it to the garage, left the keys and documents with them alongside the written formal rejection.

They guy she spoke to, denied ever receiving anything from my daughter and he would speak to 'the boss' when he got back. We have the proof of emails sent, phone number called and proof of delivery from Royal Mail as well as the possible recording today which I haven't listened to.

My huge cock up was that I didn't tell her to fill out the V5 so she has left the whole document with them so when she gets here, I will tell her to contact the DVLA as a matter of urgency.

When she walked out of the office, the car had vanished. I am wondering if they have taken it off site and dumped it on a road somewhere.

As this is going to court, I will need some help with MCOL and filing a claim although I will look around for some other claims that are similar.

Hopefully you have pictures/video of the car left at the garage and a witness.

Change the vehicle ownership online in a few minutes, i think it lets you put any date of transfer.

If paid by card, even part of it, you could do a chargeback /section 75 so to avoid court.

When she took the car back, she had two witnesses with her. I have been following this company on Companies House and there has been some movement,

One of the directors who was also the secretary has been replaced but the company name remains the same (so far)

They had promised my daughter a refund but this has yet to appear. She is going to ring them today (recorded of course) giving them until the end of today to pay up.

She paid by bank transfer unfortunately and I didn't pick it up as being a bad idea at the time. The lack of refund is hampering her chances of getting another motor. She did borrow mine for a few days but that broke down yesterday. (dreading the bill from the garage!)

Have they promised a refund in writing or verbally?

Either way write a reply stating that you will take them to court unless a refund is in your ac within 14 days.

Follow up all conversations with a written confirmation of what was said/agreed by both parties.

Im sure if you issue court docs then theyll pay.

You just need to be confident and firm with the law.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Still not that happy with this company however, they did do a partial refund. They calculated how many miles my daughter had travelled and costed that out at 25p per mile. She did a lot of miles before the car went kaput and as a result, they repaid £900 which is £600 less than what we paid. As my daughter is very busy (4 kids, training to work with a nursery and a partner) we decided to accept it and move on.

She has managed to get another motor with the assistance of bank of dad! The exact amount she now owes me is £1260 and I won't be letting her off-this time! I just need to put off dying for a while longer as my funeral fund is seriously depleted :-)

When I get around to it, I will leave a less than generous review of them.