Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Re: JD Parking Consultants Ltd PCN - 35 Hallgate car park Doncaster DN1 3NL

stop emailing people, they wont give a proper response despite the changes of the GDPRicon from the DPA.
    I would respond to the DVLA and ask for "strict proof" that the DVLA saw the supposed contracts before they released your information.
    They wont have, they rely on a bunch of liars actually telling the truth about this and we know that it isnt true

Default Re: JD Parking Consultants Ltd PCN - 35 Hallgate car park Doncaster DN1 3NL

l've requested the proof from the DVLA.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />
    Winston Churchill
    Follows
    Following

did you ask for "strict proof" as that is a legal term that has serious connotations should they not respond

Ill sort it.

Thanks

Winston Churchill
    Follows
    Following

Please stop using reply with quote.....

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data costs
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

If Debt Recovery plus has an agreement to request data from DVLA as a subcontractor of JD Parking solutions then the Mil collection case does not apply. The Mil case was in relation to selling data.

No, it is abou8t third parties to any agreement. MIL were a third party (no direct interest in a contract between LL and JD or JD and you) and so are DR+.

My last email sent to DR on the 12th June along with todays response below. Now time to concentrate on the data breach side.

Dear Mrs Bartley

If the charge is for breach of contract, please provide the terms the driver breached?

The signage deters/forbids anyone without a permit and/or failure to display the same to pay a charge.

At no time did the driver request a permit or was provided with same, accordingly no contract was entered into.

Furthermore, I do not agree that there is an outstanding debt and I believe there was NO reasonable cause to request my personal dataicon from the DVLA.

Again, please advise that you have an valid contract with the landowner to request my details for breach of contract. However, as the matter is an Act if trespass you have no rights.

I suggest you seek legal advice on the matter before you respond to my grievance.

Yours Sincerely
    Paul Walton

Thank you for your email regarding the above parking chargeicon Notice (PCN).

After carefully considering the case, I have cancelled the above parking chargeicon on this occasion only. I have also noted our records to ensure that we do not send any further letters about this parking charge.

I must stress, however, that the terms and conditions of parking at this site are clear and must be abided by at all times. Therefore, I will not be able to withdraw any further PCNs issued to the vehicle.

Kind Regards

Winston Churchill
    Follows
    Following

EMAIL?
    have you not bothered to read anything people say about the wisdom of using emeil to communicate with parking co's or their lackeys.

Quote Originally Posted by ericsbrother View Post
    EMAIL?
    have you not bothered to read anything people say about the wisdom of using emeil to communicate with parking co's or their lackeys.
    I read everything but do things my own way - If you have a problem with it stay off the thread.

Winston Churchill
    Follows
    Following

Todays email from the DVLA.

Good morning,

If you do wish to make a official complaint please find enclosed copy of our complaints procedure which details how to make a complaint. This also contains details on how to escalate your complaint higher if you are still unhappy with the response received.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...ints-procedure

I am still waiting for a response from the department which deals with these requests and until they reply I will be unable to other than in the manner which I previously responded.

Winston Churchill
    Follows
    Following

these threads are read by thousands of people so advice is not just aimed at you but others following it or using it for advice.
    you can do what you want but if you really want to plough your own furrow why post and ask for advice in the first place.

You seem happy enough to use people's help when it suits you but then get shirty when you dont like being told that some of your actions are unwise.
    You cant have it both ways.

My next piece of advice is to do exactly what you seen to be doing, exhaust the DVLA complaints procedure and get the information they seem reticent to send you (for obvious reasons) and then complain to the ICOicon

Ericsbrother you need to chill out. The charge has been cancelled. I take advice when I believe it to be in my best interest to do so.

Now its time to work on the data breach.

Winston Churchill
    Follows
    Following

Time to have some fun and apply more pressure.

Thank you for this response.

As previous requested. Please provide the evidence of Legal authority which afforded Debt Recovery Ltd rights to obtain my personal dataicon from the DVLA.

I have requested same from the DVLA and I await their response.

Should it transpire that Debt Recovery Plus Ltd unlawfully obtained/ processed my personal data, then I will seek to recover compensation for distress and/or hurt feelings.

Furthermore, I continue to claim that your behaviour may have fallen foul of the Fraud Act 2006 as you attempted to recover £100 for contractual entitlement when there was never entitlement.

I await your response.

Kind Regards
    Paul Walton

Winston Churchill
    Follows
    Following

See if they respond to this.

Dear Mrs/Ms Bartley

You are processing my personal dataicon without obtaining my explicit consent under Article 6 (1) GDPRicon. You have no lawful basis to process my data. I suggest you read up on Article 83(5)(a) and review your position.

Please clarify the condition/ lawful reason you rely on to process my data?

Kind Regards
    Paul Walton

Winston Churchill
    Follows
    Following

A response. What you make of this EB???

Good Afternoon.

The claim was based on contract law. The terms and conditions of parking (the “contract”) are displayed on the signage at the site (the “offer”). By remaining on the site you accepted the terms and conditions of parking (the “acceptance”).

I refer you to the signage at the site which clearly states: DO NOT PARK HERE UNLESS YOU FULLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE ABOVE CONTRACTUAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS.

The vehicle was parked in the immediate vicinity of signage and therefore it cannot be said that you/the driver were unaware of the terms of parking.

The parking chargeicon was issued as no valid permit was displayed.

Your details were obtained from the DVLA under a reasonable cause request. Details of how your data has been used can be found online - www.parkingcsl.co.uk/privacynotice/index.php

We have not unlawfully obtained/processed your data and we have not committed fraud and therefore no compensation is due. I recommend you obtain professional legal advice.

I would like to point out that while the parking chargeicon was correctly issued it was cancelled as a gesture of goodwillicon. No further action is being taken, however if any further charge is incurred for the same reason we will be unable to withdraw it.

Kind Regards

Winston Churchill
    Follows
    Following

Can you tell us what your letter to them said please?

HB

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Follows
    Following

[QUOTE=honeybee13;5129575]Can you tell us what your letter to them said please?

HB[/QUOTE

Iíve posted it - the one I mention the Fraud Act 2006 above,

My grievance has moved up the food chain - the response was from a manager!!!... he suggests I seek legal advice lol.

Iíll give him some grief now!!

[QUOTE=paulwlton;5129603]
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybee13 View Post
    Can you tell us what your letter to them said please?

HB[/QUOTE

I’ve posted it - the one I mention the Fraud Act 2006 above,

My grievance has moved up the food chain - the response was from a manager!!!... he suggests I seek legal advice lol.

I’ll give him some grief now!!

I'm not sure which post it's in, sorry. People will appreciate your making it easy for them to find the information.

HB

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Follows
    Following

Sorry to say they will get bored responding and just ignoreicon you.
    you dont get compensation for fraud and anyways you werent defrauded because at best it would be ATTEMPTED fraud and being a criminal matter something for the police, Trading Standards and the CPS to consider.

You then run into the problem of intent.
    They will argue that there was never an intent to deceive as they are just too thick to understand the concept of the law they wish to use and english was a GCSE they didnt sit because they knew they were going to get a job as a clamper and being built like a brick outhouse more important than stringing a sentence together.

I said at the beginning of this thread that you shouldnt get ahead of yourself.
    I will add to that, dont enter into protracted arguments with the wrong person and company either.

As advised, put pressure on the DVLA for their lack of quality control and get the ICOicon to bite their bum as well as the bandits who obtained your details.
    When you have somehting supportive from there go after JD and DR+ without giving them a telegraphed punch.

Follows
    Following

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast