• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

JD Parking Consultants Ltd PCN - 35 Hallgate car park Doncaster DN1 3NL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 663 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well, DR+ are NOT the agents of the landowner and nor are JD parking

. The DVLA owe you a duty of care but they prefer to ignore this inconvenient fact.

A carefully constructed argument about the lack of quality control and the allowing of an UNINTERESTED THIRD PARTY may at least get DR+ banned from accessing anyones details in the future.

You have a case for suing DR+ for obtaining your details in breach of the KADOE agreement and processing it unlawfully ( passing them on) Knowing what the parking contract with LL says will determine if JD should also get the treatment.

I cant find an ICO registration for JD parking consultants so you will have to make further enquiries as to whether they are actually allowed to process data.

I suspect this is why they cant use the KADOE so look at the cases involving MIL and supposed parking debt buying and use that to your advantage

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

J D Parking Consultants Ltd ICO registration number- Z1617300.

Am I correct in thinking that only JD Parking have the right to ask for PWs data in this instance as their signs advise the motorist that they may contact the DVLA. Whereas DR+ have not given

any prior notice that they intend to ask the DVLA for ones data.

Like many situations not revolving around parking a third party may have rights to take action or enforce their interests but in this case DR+ said they were acting on behalf of the landowner as their agent and that is patently untrue.

DR+may be the agent of PD but that doesnt automatically mean that they have the necessary permissions either.

This is where the DVLA do badly and try and cover up their terrible quality control. They only ask one of the bigger parking co's to show they have done things nicely once a year and take at face value what they are told rather than doing something like picking say even 5 access requests at random

and then asking not only the parking co for evidence they are fulfilling the requirements of the Act an their agreement but asking the motorist if they believe the request showed reasonable cause.

Now going on the usual stats 4 out of 5 wouldnt even get a response so it would be then necessary to consider carefully the 1 that did reply to the survey.

Winning an appeal or even beating off a court claim doesnt automatically mean that the parking co were wrong to apply for the keeper data but there are many circumstances where it never would apply and if an appeal is won on procedural grounds the the parking co would be wrong even if on another occasion they got it right.

The DVLA would lose millions in income, as would the parking co's so dont expect any changes in the near future despite a supposed tightening up of the privacy laws. Laws are there to protect money not people

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Certainly anyone who has been on this motoring Forum for a while knows that none of the major parking companies told the truth when they became members of the BPA or the IPC. Not a single one complies with all the requirements in order to be able to form a contract with motorists. This of course means that these crooks have no reasonable cause for asking for our data. Yet one gets the impression that the DVLA appears not to know. And it isn't as if it is a secret. Every week we see motorists having their ticket quashed because of failures by the parking companies to comply with the Law.

As ignorance of the Law is not an excuse one wonders whether the DVLA knows but carries on regardless [ perhaps because they need the money] which means they are unfit to administer

the release of our data.

DVLA will carry on regardless as they make money from the non GDPR Compliant relase of Keepe data. As a Quango they rgard themselves as beyond the law. Time they were tolchocked.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Like other grand designs of governemnt they are too big to fail, they will ignore the law even when the ICO orders them to behave in a certain way. HMRC ad councils do it all the time, the NHS and govt ministers individually may get ordered by courts to take certain action but no-one sends them to prison for contempt of court.

Yes DVLA are slippery as evidenced by their many appearances on Watchdog. They are good at removing entitlements and substituting others, so car driver loses car entitlement and gets full Motorcycle when he has never been near one in his life. Time they were brought to book

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 3 years later...

Open

DX

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So the ICO have determined that the DVLA has used the wrong lawful basis for processing under the GDPR. In my own case the DVLA stated they’d provided DR plus with my data because they were either the agent of the landowner or had rights to do so on behalf of the agents of the landowner, but never provided me with proof. Interestingly, the ICO stated that the DVLA do not hold this information, so cannot provide proof and the only way I can find out is if I make a FOI request to the parties involved, although there are exemptions they can use to avoid complying. 

The DVLA must comply with accountability under the GDPR and have systems in place to make sure they share data to parties that have legal authority to receive it. The above suggests they are making an assumption not relying on fact.

Im speaking with a journalist on this now, so any comments on the above is appreciated.

Paul 

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

You haven't really given enough information to be able to make as appropriate comments as would help.

My initial observation is that PoFA was introduced in 2012 and only now are they deciding that the DVLA are processing our data under the wrong section. And the DVLA never got it right from the start.

The ICO 

Consent is only appropriate if you can offer people real choice and control over how you use their data, and it can help to build trust and engagement. But if you cannot offer a genuine choice, consent is not appropriate. If you intend to process the personal data anyway on another basis, asking for consent is misleading and inherently unfair.

You must also be able to stop processing on request. If you need to continue to process the personal data even after consent is withdrawn, consent is not appropriate.

If you are processing the personal data of children under 18, you can still consider asking for consent. However, sometimes using an alternative lawful basis will be more appropriate and provide better protection for the child.

And this

Can we change our lawful basis?

You must determine your lawful basis before starting to process personal data. It’s important to get this right first time. If you find at a later date that your chosen basis was actually inappropriate, it will be difficult to simply swap to a different one. Even if a different basis could have applied from the start, retrospectively switching lawful basis is likely to be inherently unfair to the individual and lead to breaches of accountability and transparency requirements.

To my mind the DVLA have never got to grips with the meaning of  "reasonable cause" especially when dealing with the bunch of crooks that are the main parking companies. Also the DVLA  seems to accept any old tat that the rogues provide them with as a reason for sending our data without as much as a query. They rely on the Code of Conduct of those other well known scammers-BPA and ISC. And at the moment neither of their codes comply with PoFA nor the Private Parking Code of Practice But the good old DVLA bashes on totally oblivious to the situation they are in. 

Time and again we see VCS for instance having their cases at Liverpool airport, Bristol airport and every other airport they cover because of  airport Byelaws. Do the DVLA know about these? If so why do they continue to send our data to other motorists for exactly the same reason.

And where is the reasonable cause when the crooks send in requests for data on residents parking in their own bay or on roads covered by the RTA? One hopes that they are just incredibly useless rather than involved with the scammers.

• Thanks 2

Im informed that the DVLA/ICO story will appear in the press over the weekend. Should be an interesting read.

The DVLA may have got themselves in to a spot of bother.

Winston Churchill

Yes good that the press are taking an interest, DVLA had bread butterd both sides for too long with no scrutiny.

Yes ill post a link - I expect there'll be a lot of interest in the story.

There are two versions, one for print and a longer online version, both versions were being looked over by lawyers last night. 

The journalist is hopeful that the story will be out tomorrow.  

Edited by paulwlton
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Winston Churchill

Thank you for the link. Here's one directly to the Guardian.

It's a shame the journalist talks about parking 'fines' though.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Agency could face compensation claims after data watchdog rules it applied wrong part of the law

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yes the common misconception of the meaning of Fine compared to Invoice grounded in Contract Law seems lost on Journo's.  Of course with a headline like

"Motorist given FINE for parking on his own Driveway" doesn't hit as hard as "Private parking Contractor mistakenly Invoiced a motorist for parking on his own driveway," nor as emotive.

In reality the DVLA will just change the basis and ground for release of data and carry on regardless.

Changing the lawful basis for processing data is not a good option as per the ICO guidance.

Winston Churchill

WWW.BRIDPORTNEWS.CO.UK

The DVLA passed on motorists’ personal details to private parking firms

Threatening letters from a DCA chasing up a charge emanating from a data breach does cause distress.?

Edited by paulwlton

Winston Churchill

Very much doubt it LFI the DVLA is very Adventures of Stevie V more interested in the" Dirty Cash" they get from the fleecer's