NE Parking LTD Windscreeen PCN - Will they issue??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2164 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have received a number of letters from DRP (the debt recovery company that NE Parking Ltd use).

My car was parked outside a hotel that has been closed down for over a year from 8-11pm at night.

put a ticket on the windscreen so far down that I didn't notice it was even there until 3 days later when I turned my wipers on to wash my windscreen.

The picture they included on the original letter shows my car but doesn't have the ticket on the screen in the window.

I have ignored about 6/7 letters from them and now have received a 'final settlement offer to avoid court action'.

Has anyone else got this far with them?

Do they actually issue in Court?

Thanks in advance.

have you not bothered to read any of the parking threads?

you would then know that nearly everyone gets at least this far if they have ignored the previous letter.

Do people get taken to court? Yes, and if they have a decent defence they beat the claim.

The truth is that the parking co's rarely get it right and therefore you only owe them money if you do your bit wrong.

Now, the fact the hotel was closed down means nothing if they signed a deal with the landowner and they still own the land.

Again, yo need to look at things very carefully

Now start a new thread and tell us what we ask for on the other thread here and we can help you.

Jumping in on someone else's thread only causes confusion as it is not the same issue

Hello,

I have received a number of letters from DRP (the debt recovery company that NE Parking use).

The car was parked outside a hotel that has been closed down for over a year from 8-11pm at night. The put a ticket on the windscreen so far down I didn't even notice it until a few days later when I used my wipers to wash the windscreen.

the initial letter I received showed a picture of the car but with no penalty ticket attached.

I have ignored about 6/7 letters from them and now have received a 'final settlement to avoid court action'.

Has anyone else got this far with them and them actually issued to court?

If so - shall I just pay it now or wait and see? And if they do issue, can I appeal it?

Thanks.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

Normally if you're hearing from DR+ you're at the end of the process, but to help us advise you could you post up the questions from the forum sticky and your answers please?

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

1 The date of infringement? 18.11.2017

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?] No

if you have then please post up whatever you sent and how you sent it and the date you sent it,

suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload

has there been a response?

please post it up as well, suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide]

If you haven't appealed yet - ,.........

have you received a Notice To Keeper? Yes (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days]

what date is on it 12th January 2018

Did the NTK provide photographic evidence? Yes - images of the car but no ticket on the windscreen is visible ont he images

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?] No

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK,

did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process?

[it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances]

5 Who is the parking company? NE Parking Ltd

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Blackpool - a closed down Hotel FY4

......................... ....

sorry we need to know EXACTLY where it was so we can look it up, so street, building number, postcode etc and where it was in relation to the entrance from the public highway - ie in a rear car park, on the forecourt? What sort of lighting was there?

Is it local to you, if so can you get down there and take some pictures of the signage, the entrance to the land frokm the road andd any associated signs and also where you parked so we can see if there were signs clearly visible at the correct height etc.

Can you post up the NTK with your personal details redacted? Thyat will tell us whether they have a chance of chasing you as the keeper or not.

Lastly dca's have no interest or powers whatsoever and can do nothing except send out the scary letters they are paid to send have you noticed they added a few quid to the aprking charge to line their own pockets? They have no lawful authority to do this and they know it but they all try it on as most people are ignorant of this fact.

Do not respond to them, no popint as they dont call the shots. Get the info we ask for and we will suggest a letter to send to NE parking.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

It was Sinatra's Hotel - 8 Clifton Drive Blackpool FY4 1NX. It was on the forecourt outside. It was dark when I parked it around 8:30/9pm so no lighting at all.

Yes it is local to me. I have attached images of the letter although not the best of quality.

Thanks for your help.

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

Hi megxx we cannot answer whether they will take you to Court or not. This company is pretty new and so far appear to only have taken about 10% of motorists to Court out of the total tickets issued.The majority of non payers do not go to Court and if properly defended the parking companies usually lose.

To help with your defence could you please send photos of their parking notices on site preferably at night so we can see how noticeable they are. It is good that you have not contacted them as that invariably means that you identify who the driver was which makes their job easier. The Court has to know whether you are being taken to Court as the driver or the keeper-if NE don't know they could fail on that point alone if it went to Court. On top of that they are demanding too much money as they are limited to the amount stated on their notice at the hotel [under POFA}and cannot add money on for their unregulated debt collectors. If they haven't mentioned POFA they cannot take you to Court as the keeper.

In the meantime please check with the local council to see if the have planning permission to erect signs under the Town and Country advertising regulations. If they haven't their notices are probably illegal which gets you off straight away.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras