Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    hamilton20010 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : May 2018

Default Re: Irresponsible Lending Claim due to 7 PDL company loans over gambling

i still cant believe they never seen 1 of the defaults on my credit file was from 2013 lloyds loan with a balance still of 1558 !!! how could they miss this !!!

Site Team fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee's Avatar

Cagger since : Oct 2011

Default Re: Irresponsible Lending Claim due to 7 PDL company loans over gambling

These loans were supposed to take into account defaults... But if they are lending to you when they can see you arent servicing other debts that that is a BIG No-No...
    Off to the fosicon You go

Basic Account Holder
    hamilton20010 Novitiate

Quote Originally Posted by fkofilee View Post
    These loans were supposed to take into account defaults... But if they are lending to you when they can see you arent servicing other debts that that is a BIG No-No...
    Off to the fosicon You go
    i will do i tell them i am going to the FOS or keep it quiet?

Basic Account Holder
    hamilton20010 Novitiate

not sure whether to tell them i am complaining to fosicon or not or just keep trying to negotiate with them while its with FOS?

just dont want them to keep harrasing me for me payment if i dont respond to their communications

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

cant do a thing go silent key on them

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    hamilton20010 Novitiate

update, Mr Lender still not accepting responsibility, see below their response. i said they should have taken my defaults into account and that i couldnt service these accounts which is why they still in default since 2013! i have reported this to the FOS, any thoughts on the below?

Dear Mr Campbell,

Thank you for your email and sorry to learn that you have been dissatisfied with our response to your complaint.

We can confirm all credit scores are different depending on the credit reference agency that you are using; the scores shown on your credit file were confirmed with Call Credit. We do not lend to those customers who are experiencing financial hardship and would be unable to repay the loan.The credit checks and affordability checks performed upon each application indicated you were a credit worthy customer and deemed the loans affordable.

Please note, neither the OFT or the FCA have ever stipulated that lenders have a mandatory duty to request bank statements or payslips. However, in some cases where application information can't be verified, we may get in touch to request supporting documentation and we can confirm that upon application for your loan your salary was verified through with your payslip.

Responsible lending needs to be matched by an element of responsible borrowing. We should be able to trust that the information provided by a customer is a true and accurate reflection of their situation at any given time and this enables us to assess their personal circumstances better. As a consumer it is your responsibility to provide correct information to assist us to determine the affordability of your loan application. Borrowers are encouraged to always undertake their own assessment of affordability concurrent with that undertaken by the creditor.

Furthermore, part 5 of your contract titled ‘Payment and Continuous Payment Authority’ also states ‘Subject to the requirements of the consumer crediticon Act 1974, we will be entitled to demand that you repay the whole of the balance due under this agreement if any of the following events occur’ Part 5.2 states ‘any information you have given us was incorrect in a material respect.’

As previously advised, you have had just one loan with Mr Lender and we have offered to reduce your outstanding balance from 275.20 to the original capital amount borrowed of 200.00. As you have already paid Mr Lender 30.40 towards your loan, we will reduce your capital to the remaining amount of 169.60.

We have also offered, that this new balance can be repaid via an affordable repayment planicon. Further to this as explained, we are able to remove any adverse information from your credit file.

Upon acceptance of our offer, it will mean that you have not paid any interest towards your only loan with Mr Lender.

There is no further offer available that we can give to you. The Financial Ombudsmanicon Service will not ask a business to repay or wipe any of the original capital. As a lender, the maximum we can offer to resolve your complaint is to remove any interest and charges applied to the account. This is what we have offered, therefore meaning you will only repay the remaining capital amount in which you borrowed.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Brooke

Complaints Department

Basic Account Holder
    hamilton20010 Novitiate

see now im concerned that when they dont know its with fosicon if i dont respond they could just forget about the agreement they have proposed and put all the interest back on.....then what if the FOS rejects this and ive got a bigger bill to pay at the end of it!

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

makes no odds

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    hamilton20010 Novitiate

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    makes no odds
    how do you mean?

The fosicon dont allow them playibg around

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Site Team fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee Authoritative fkofilee's Avatar

Cagger since : Oct 2011

Nice divert tactic there Mr Lender... Shame if someone proved you wrong... Again...
    Like the 50 times before ^_^

Seriously - Just go to the FOS. If they disagree then you refer to an Ombudsmanicon...
    After that... If all doesnt work out - Then come back and see us

Basic Account Holder
    hamilton20010 Novitiate

yeah i lodged a complaint with fosicon at weekend so will leave it there, is it worth even replying to the lender or just leave it?

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details