Dvla fitness to drive

Melsywooh2774
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2164 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I have just received a letter from DVLA requesting I fill in the fitness to drive from. The form itself is all to do with seizures ect. I don't suffer any? It's very hard to fill in. It was a third party (my ex ) as he has been arrested for malicious and harassing communications ect. My health is this: high blood pressure : two slipped spinal discs and wear and tear in spine: tachyicadia.This is what my doctor has orescribed:

Lisinipril for bp . Citalapram for heart speed : baclofen for muscles : tramadol as and when required.

Based upon all this information are DVLA likely to revoke my licence? I'm 44 and have had my license since 17years if age. In addition I just left a deposit on car as my 12yr is disabled and we can't get about. Now I either purchase the car even though DVLA have 6 weeks to respond with their desicion or I loose the big deposit . I'm so depressed and stressed right now I can't even think clear... at my sits end :(((

Answer truthfully.

If you haven’t had any episodes of seizure OR loss of consciousness, say so.

Speak to your GP : they can’t tell you what DVLA will recommend, but will be able to tell you what they will be telling DVLA.

Thank you. I've generally had no seizures . I don't see my g.p very often I've not needed to. The only episode I had was a reaction to an drug addmindtered for septicimea two years after my could bladder ruptured. I'm not concerned about The seizure allegations as I can prove that part. I'm concerned about the medication as people are saying the law has changed on this

If your medication impairs your fitness to drive then you should have been notifying DVLA.

If your medication doesn’t impact on your driving then it shouldn’t be an issue.

It has always been the case that just because medicine has been prescribed it doesnt mean that you are guaranteed to be safe to drive.

Many medicines carry a warning about driving and / or operating machinery, and it is the driver’s responsibility to:

a) be sure they are safe to drive, and

b) notify DVLA of any concerns.

I've generally had no seizures .

Is that (“generally had no seizures”) the same as “I’ve had no seizures and no episodes of decreased consciousness / loss of consciousness”?

I have no seizures at all. Just one reaction to some medication after my could bladder operation. Where I had like an weird episode... I had n EEG as a safety precaution about 2+ years ago and it was completely normal..one their medication was changed which was only two week prescription i was fine. Im fine to drive i take my current medication at bed time.