style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2164 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please forgive me if in the wrong place

We sold our house and just recieved the invoice from the estate agent

We signed the contract agreeing to 1% + Vat of sale value. They didn’t give us a copy of the contract but we pushed and pushed and eventually got a letter saying the fee ( undated)

They have since sent an invoice to solicitor stating 1.25 which equates to an extra 2k when vat is taken into account

Do I have any argument or do I just suck it up

Of course ther is room for argument but if their standard fees are 1.25% the it will be difficult to prove you agreed to 1% if only a verbal change from their standard rate.

As you have a letter then that will do you nicely, dated or not.

Armed with your paperwork you should invite them to reconsider ( instructing your soliciotr to either pay the 1% or hold payment until otherwise instructed) and if they dont then you tell them you wnat this to go to NAEA or whichever trade association they belong to for arbitration and if you are right you expect them to pay your additional solicitors charges and your incidental expenses (you shouldnt have any but that is by the by, the thought of paying out more than they can gain may make them see sense).

Be polite but firm at first by saying it was agreed at !% and see where they want to go