Same offence in less than an hour. Do I have to pay?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2164 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning. Few days ago I urgently drove my friend to A&E and I unawarely made a prohibited (right) turn. 40 minutes later I drove my friend back home and committed the same contravention. I didn't see the "no right turn" sign at all, so it is completely my fault. I could also add that the road was quite deserted (although I imagine is not an excuse). I am just checking with you if there is any possibility I can only pay it once. I am quite shocked as it is my second (and third) penalty charge in over 40 years. Not mentioning the costs!! Thanks for any help or suggestion. Have a good day.

I'm afraid that you will have to pay twice.

I think that may be your friend was referring to a Parking event where the vehicle did not move. Depending upon any timeplate only one windscreen PCN can be applied in a 24 hour period.

Yours is a totally different scenario.

Before giving up hope, Street view or photographs of the location and signs, posted here, would allow those who are experts in these matters to see if there are grounds for appeal. At the very least on the first one you could ask for mitigation as you were providing an emergency service to your friend. The council do not have to allow it, but a well worded appeal could bear dividends..

• Confused 1

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

I clearly did not see the sign. Or I am dumb. But with only 1 penalty in 40 years I could stand a chance to explain it? I drive my car almost every day in London.

Then as a driver your not paying enough attention to the road.

You may of onlyhad one penalty in 40 years.

Id say you have only been caught once in 40 years

I dont need anger management, I need to be kept away from idiots!!!

Joking aside, sorry t was a bit harsh..

The only defense you really have is if the signage is not compliant.

Or you had someone 2 seconds from deaths door and your rushing them to A AND E.

Apologies accepted. Every thing is compliant unfortunately. She is my neighbour and was having a very heavy haemorrhage due to feminine problems. I was driving her to A&E as quick as I could. I did not find my way into the A&E parking at first attempt so had to go round the block again. I did not know/see that it was prohibited. When she then was released I drove back from the same "position" hence made the same mistake. As I said it is completely my fault. I just hoped I could explain it or find a legal way out of the second one. Anyway, I'll pay it. Hopefully I won't re-offend soon.