EE mobile debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1472 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, I had a mobile phone account with EE original with T mobile for over 20 years never missed a payment.

got into financial difficulties and asked EE for help with a payment plan which they set up.

I was not able to pay on time the second month of set up due to uncleared funds

rang them to keep them informed they were helpful at first and promised to call me the following day to take payment and carry on with the plan.

They did nt call me

I rang them only to be told the plan had been cancelled and I needed to pay the full amount due which was £194.

I informed them I could not pay that much at once so they cut off my phone and sold the debt to moorcroft .

Moore Croft have increased the debt to £830.

you help with a plan of action?

Thanks

El.

moved to telecom

Moorcroft don't buy debts

who are their named client?

they cant add anything either

I suspect its still with EE and 'extra amount'

is all the monthly payments till end of contract' which they cant charge anyway as theres no service you can use.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Letter is from Moorcroft debt recovery limited re EE (formerly t-mobile) this is about the 3rd letter I had from them this one is asking for full payment of£830 and offering possible discount.

Can you help me with how I should respond?

Thanks

Edited by dx100uk

you don't

who are moorcrofts client on their letters

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Please stop panicking, Moorcr@p can do sweet FA with this, you can IGNORE their dumb letters, WHO IS THEIR CLIENT!!!

EE couldn't care less about your loyalty for 20 years, you're a number that makes them profit, nothing else.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Then deal with EE direct, if needs be send them a SAR and find out how that figure has quadrupled, and if they say it's because they've added the remaining contract period, then they will have to take that back off.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 year later...

opened

dx

and they

Thought this had gone away but Llowell have sent a letter to my daughters address, I have never lived there and although I moved address 18 months ago all my mail was being redirected so I know they have never sent anything to the address the contract was under.

They must have checked my credit file for some reason as many years ago I took out a contract phone with 3 mobile in my name for my daughter as a present and paid it for the first year she has paid it ever since.

The letter is giving me 30 days to make contact or they may issue a claim.

The amount they are asking for is £794.00

I intend to write to them asking for a detailed break down of the invoice and for a copy of the assigment notice as they say the account has been assigned to them.

Should I be asking for a copy that should have been sent to me by EE?

I dont understand why they would write to me at my daughters when all correspondence in the past fromm EE and Moorcroft has been to my previous (the contract) address unless they were trying to get a back door ccj.

• 4 weeks later...

I sent a letter to Llowell as per above.

From their reply here is a short breakdown of what Llowell have done.

Sent letters to a different address to the one associated with the ee account.

Registered a default at that address.

Sent a copy of the letter informing account asigned to them with no date of assignment.

They are quoting a mobile number completely different to the one I had with EE yet quoting the correct address associated with the account.

The breakdown of the charge they are trying to get me to pay is £129 airtime debt £626 early termination fee.

I have asked for copy invoices and the letter of assigment from EE which they say they requested meanwhile activity on the account is suspended. 

Do I let them crack on all the way to court and then make them aware of the errors?

they cant charge for termination fees they know they are unlawful and will drop the claim at the lastminute.

make sure you write informing them of your correct address.

then await if/when they issue a PAPLOC letter of claim

which they must do 1st before a court claim

dx

and they

I received a letter from lowells Solicitors today which says further to your Pre Action Protocol Reply Form our client has not yet been able to provide us with a full response and has requested that we return your case to them, their client being Lowell Portfolio 1 ltd.  

Guess I just wait now to see if they start chasing for payment again.

So returning it to themselves :biggrin1:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

damn the mug found CAG ....again...we got rumbled trying to fleece another mug!!  :pound:

and they