style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wanted to share my story.

I had my eyes tested in February with the intention of getting some varifocals fro all day use as I am both long and short sighted. When I went to pick them up at Specsavers in Stratford Mall East London I found that I had to turn my head a lot for lateral view and the reading sight was too low in the lens so I was looking at my nose to focus. The shop tried to tell me that I needed to get used to them however it was too extreme especially as I paid for the elite or tailor made lenses which cost me a lot more. They said I should try them out so I did but it did not change and in fact I got sore eyes after a short time.

I went on back to get a refund and get a cheap reading pair and was persuaded to by two pairs for reading and distance. They call you sir and madam and convince you that the care and give you a false sense of security but they will do anything to take your money and as much as is possible.

I complained to LLoyd's bank Credit card to recover and from the start they were dismissive. Losing my telephone complaint. Delays in reply and not considering statement properly. I am now going to stop my credit card and bank account out or principle.

:|

Hi stan1357 and Welcome to CAG

I have moved your thread to the appropriate forum..please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

If you imagine that Lloyds bank or any other bank care in the slightest about your "principles" and the fact that you are going to close your account, then you really haven't got it yet.

If you are a troublesome customer, then they prefer that you go away and bother someone else. The best thing to do is stay there and learn to bother them – again and again and again.

Lloyds bank like nothing better than to have an easy life and to fob their troublesome customers onto some other bank – which in case you still don't get it, won't be any better.

If you have a valid complaint to make then at the very least you could make it to the FOS. If you really want to attack Specsavers – then you could consider starting a small claim in the County Court.

If you think that the glasses which they supplied you are either defective, or not fit for the purpose then you are protected by the Consumer Rights Act which gives you either 30 days to reject them out of hand or six months to insist on a repair after which you can then insist on a refund if it still not fixed. Even after the six months, you have a considerable time to complain about the item you have bought if it doesn't live up to satisfactory expectations.

Geddit?