PCN Code 46 REd zone or clearway

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

can someone advise whether the signs advising of a clearway should be clearly visible in the photographic evidence provided???

I just had a pcn, I was parked (engine running) for moments on a verge, in front of a clearway sign, but not after it. the sign is not in the photo plus all double yellow lines are all broken.

does the clearway start AFTER the sign or infront of it too? my car was stopped directly in front of a sign but not after it

In order for caggers to give you advice, could you please give the prcise location (with google reference if you have it) so that we can look on Street view. Also the time of offence so that one can compare with the restriction sign published.

In general on arterial clearways, it will commence on exiting any built up area speed limit.

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

moved to the local authority PCN forum

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi,

apologies about where my thread was originally posted.

the pcn was from Swansea city council, a local enforcement officer at the hospital in Morriston I believe booked my car. SA6 6NL Morriston Hospital

all the yellow lines are broken up in this area too

My car was parked up on a verge 10 yards in front of the red urban clearway sign. surely the red route begins immediately after the sign?

We'll need to see the signs, lines and road layout to give an answer. Where in relation to the hospital is the sign?

I looked on Google but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack, and even if I find a sign, I won't know if it's the right one.

the clearway will start where the traffic order says it does but that should be after the sign. However there are double yellow lines so parking on the verge is going to get you a PCN anyways but it would be a different code so grounds for appeal as wrong offence therefore you didnt do it.

broken up paint isnt a defence unless you can show that there has been dereliction-ie they didnt enforce there for a previous good while and outside a hospital that isnt likely.

I hope that you acn provide some evidence of your own to support your side of things and rebut theirs. Was it a ticket slapped on your car or did they do a drive by photo like they do on red routes in south London?