Alloy Wheel Corrosion

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My partner recently noticed corrosion around the centre on both of her front wheels and also on the outer edge on the drivers side.

Unfortunately it looks like there is also curb damage on the driver side wheel (image attached).

The manufacturer will only replace the nearside wheel even though both have an obvious manufacturing defect.

Would she have any recourse against the manufacturer and/or dealership for the replacement of the driver side wheel?

The vehicle is under 1 year old.

20180421_165058_HDR.jpg

We haven't used any wheel cleaner, she only has 3k on the clock and its garaged. We don't live near the coast either.

I have a 3 year old cee'd with 63k on the clock, used everyday of the week, not stored in the garage and my alloys have no corrosion.

The dealership is basically saying it is up to KIA and their policy is any curb damage = no replacement even if there is a defect.

Rubbish!

The corrosion is not where the alloy is scratched but on the internal side.

Write to Kia UK and see if you get any joy, otherwise you'll have to start a claim in county court.

As soon as they see the court paperwork they'll give you new wheels.

Also, publish their response on social media with pictures and link their accounts (twitter, Facebook, etc.)

They surely don't want people to know that their alloys need changing at every service.